-28-

"Highness, please listen too-" Door slam. "-Me..." I heard her sigh, and something hit the door. I didn't want to talk to her after what had gone down. Why couldn't she understand that? "Please, Highness."

"Go away, mage; I do not wish to speak with you," I said, slightly annoyed.

"I... Right." I stuck my ear to the door and heard her steps fading away.

I leaned away from the door and sighed, eyes downcast... Why must it hurt so much?

Eleric had come to visit me but I wasn't in the mood to talk a lot, working through things.

I groaned and threw my book on my bed, I can't concentrate at all.

I pushed my window open and crossed my arms on the edge, looking up at the sky before resting my face on them.

Why is this all so complicated?

"Hey." I picked up my head in a worry, and there is the mage that caused all this, fuck she can see my red eyes.

She lifted a hand and handed me a rose.

I blinked, shock leaving my body and seeing I was holding the rose. Can't she just leave me alone?

"Highness you can't keep avoiding m--" I slammed the shutters close.

I heard a small cry of pain after a loud thud before coughs followed.

Oh gods what did I do?!

I quickly opened a shutter and peeked out of it, she had fallen from up here to down there.

I was worried until she opened her eyes and looked at me, I slammed the shutter closed, no you can't behave like this Audrey, there is nothing between you two.

My gaze snapped to the rose and I opened the shutter enough the throw it out of the room.

I backed up and sat on my bed, just leave me alone.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

What? Mystery?

For one so small
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here don't you cry

I stood up, walking closer to the shutters, she has such a pretty voice.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I tried to be silent but didn't really succeed.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

I looked around for an escape route but I was too enamored with her voice to find it.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I stepped right to the shutters, hand on it.

Oh, You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always

I opened them, cute... Her cheeks are pink and she is looking everywhere else but me.

Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know
We need each other
To have to hold

They'll see in time, I know

When she looked at me I didn't know who was more surprised by the others reaction.

When destiny calls you,
You must be strong,
I may not be with you
But you got to hold on,
They'll see in time I know
We'll show them together

I leaned against the window sill, arms crossed and resting on it as I watched her, I watched her make a rose again with her magic.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

She loosely held it out for me, pinched between two fingers, this time I grabbed it by my own volition.

Yes, you'll be in my heart
No matter what they say,
You'll be here in my heart always
Always
Always

She looked so awkward in the silence following what she just did, yet again looking away, scratching her cheek as I smiled at the flower and smelling it.

"Umm." She said awkwardly, making me look back at her. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." I whispered, lifting the rose to my face, as if it could save me from this discussion to come.