-33-

"How did you do that?" I asked her when we met up again.

She was hanging from the elm, the leaves holding her feet as she was pulling some sort of moss away from the underside of a branch, she looked at me and let herself drop, falling on her feet before she hit the ground.

"Do what Audrey?" I smiled as she called me by my name.

"The feet trick." I said, pointed at my feet, remembering the tailing fire.

"Oh this?" She asked, summoning a ball of fire on the tip of her boot, juggling it a bit with her feet before kicking it up in the air to fade away.

"Yes that!"

"Magic can escape the human body from several places, extremities of limbs and mouth, it is just harder to control than the hands but you thought if I can spit fire feet would be trouble?"

"Honestly now that you say it... No."

"Yes if you looked through the tracking orbs view using the tracker you'd have seen me crossing big distances with burst of magic from my feet." Oh I saw but I wasn't sure at the start.

"Almost like flying, you always so grac-- What's that?" I cut myself off, tilting my head.

"What's what?" I didn't answer the question as I grabbed her face in a hand and turned it to the side, hoping my eyes were playing a trick on me but they weren't. "Oh that? It's nothing, sire Ethan was mad that I kicked him in the back to land first place in the race no big deal."

"It is for me." I said, brushing my finger carefully over the bruise left there by his hand, if I didn't dislike him before I did now.

"It does hurt my pride, I cannot do much against this but it's fine, he'll mess up once and we'll know."

"Let's hope it is soon." I stepped closed, kissing the hurt cheek, a small kiss, and when I backed up she was bright red. "Awe and I thought you didn't fluster easily."

"This isn't fair." I laughed at her childish replay as she tried covering her red cheeks up. "I don't know how to react to this."

"I find it cute don't worry."

"You'll be the death of me in more way than one."

"Please remain alive."

"Don't worry I'll do my possible let's just hope the trials won't be worst."

"Trial third and fourth should be held on the same day but with tomorrow off to have the competitors that might have injured themselves on the race to gather themselves, like the man that you shocked with the lightning."

"It wasn't that much."

"The shock wasn't what hurt him, you kicked in his nose and it cracked."

"Oops."

"Yeah oops, you lucky it didn't shatter and go up in his brain to kill him or you'd be out."

"I was careful."

"Sure... Walk with me?"

"Gladly." She held out her elbow and let me hook my arm around it and grab on, letting me lead the way.

"You always hold your arms behind your back?" I asked, staring at her unused arm which she kept pressed against her lower back.

"Yeah I do, a habit, you'd see me cross my hand in front when pondering something, serious enough to forget my habit."

"Good to know... The third trial is really simple I don't think you could fail."

"You already know?"

"It was pulled out while the race was going out." Even tho we were told after it, I am more then sure usually even the royal heir doesn't know what the trials are so that too must be on purpose.

"Shouldn't you keep it a secret?"

"I should but why would I?" I laid my head against her shoulder.

"You shouldn't play favorites."

"It doesn't matter, I want you not them."

"If you say so."

"Yes, the third trial will be extremely easy, it is too weed out the more barbaric from all the races, a simple dance."

"Well might be simple for me effectively but only because it is custom to know to dance as for some reason all small feast or supper with a guest ends in dancing."

"Others might think that too but as you said it is custom, imagine if... I don't know an orc wins, what shame would it bring to all for the consort to be unable to hold up such small tradition."

"Well you don't need to worry about it for me, I might be slightly rusty in my dancing but only my fellow mages know of that."

"Yes and it will be so short the fourth trial will also be held that day."

"No idea of that one?"

"None."

"Well don't worry Audrey I won't lose."

"I'll keep you to your promise Mystery."