-39-

"Gods... This is why they tell us to forget our family." Emersme said, sitting on a stool inside a house where all of from the capitol gathered after Mystery had walked away from the crowd.

"Yeah, I heard of that fact, mage." I nodded. I had been given the armchair since I am the heir, and both these men work for my mother, so they wouldn't let me sit on a stool no matter what I would say. "But she didn't do it did she?"

"Yes Highness, Mysty loved her family and blamed your mother for taking her away so she wouldn't forget like we did. It was so long ago I don't remember my father's voice or my mother's smile. They are just strangers I spent some of my years with, I know you more then them."

"I am sorry."

"No need to be Highness. I came to terms with it, a mage is the queen or kingdom's child and not one family's, everyone in the court in my family along with this queendom, all are dear to me... But as mages we'll never know who our birth parents are outside of two names and a few memories. We are strangers to them and they are too us."

"All her secrets." I chuckled darkly. "Another secret discovered, she kept contact with her family in some way even if she didn't have the chance to get to know them well, she still wasn't a stranger."

"Yeah my sister is special." Oh in more way then one dear mage.

"I want to apologize on behalf of my mother... The pain she caused by taking you away, with all the rules you need to learn... For all."

"I appreciate it even tho I have long forgiven her, Mysty is the one a bit late on that." Emersme did Mystery's broken bow my way to illustrate his words.

"True." I smiled a little. "I see why my brother likes you now." I covered my mouth.

"Wait what?"

"Oops."

"High--" There was a huge thunderous crack echoing through the area making Emersme forget about what I accidentally said, switching to mage mode.

I looked out the window, dark clouds gathered in the sky as it thundered over one area.

"This is..." Emersme seemed surprised and ran out without another word.

"Guard! Help the villagers hide!" I yelled at the silent guard and ran after the mage.

I ran after Emersme, heavy rain drenching everything, creating thick mud that was slowing us down.

"Oh my gods!" I yelled over the rushing wind, a huge whirlwind reached up into the sky.

"Highness!" Emersme tackled me down in the mud, a merchant's cart flying over us. "This is too dangerous! You need to head back inside!"

"I will not! This is a magical storm I know enough to see it! There are only two mages here and you are currently with me! I can help!"

I was pushed back down, Emersme covering me with his body.

I heard him gasp in pain as the shock of whatever hit him shoved him down on me more, his arms looped around my head instead of his own.

"AAAAAAH!!" I yelled, he threw his arm out, the falling rain solidifying into a dome around us.

I got up on my knees as he got off me, watching how pieces of wood and hail were flung around by the deadly strong winds. It felt like the gods were unleashing their anger upon us.

"Are you alright?" I asked, worried that he was seriously hurt.

"Yes your Highness, I will just have a mean headache after this."

"Goo-Fuck!!" I yelled, a big block of dirt smashing on the ice dome.

"We need to do something! Stay close to me Highness!" He undid the ice dome and did a constant waving motion with his hands, lifted over his head and moving in an eight pattern.

I squinted as I still felt the wind but much much weaker, he was bending it away from around us with his magic.

Approaching did indeed reveal whom I thought to be the cause of this rampant war of the elements.

"MYSTERY!!!" I yelled with Emersme over the wind but she couldn't hear us, we could barely hear each other so close to the whirlwind, all the elements we unleashing their destructive strengths, I feared the blazing blue fire the least as if was not flying around like shards of dirt. "MYSTERY!!!!" This is no use.

I screamed when a line of sharp ice spikes shot out from the middle of the whirlwind when she slammed her fists into the ground and each time she hit the ground something else happened: The ground split apart, hail turned into ice shards, flames exploded.

When she covered her ears I knew we were at a less dangerous moment as she wasn't waving them around and sending elements around.

"GET ME TO HER!!!" I yelled at Emersme to have him hear me.

"YOU'LL HAVE ONE CHANCE!!!" He yelled back.

He reeled his fist back and punched with a war cry, I saw the debris fall out of the air as he created a tunnel of calm unmoving air.

I sprinted through it, only able to see the difference as the rest of the wind still carried the elements.

I dropped to my knees in front of her when she lifted herself up and hugged her tightly against me.

I felt her fingers tear holes in my clothes when she grabbed them and I hugged her more, her head against my chest.

"It will be alright. I am here." I whispered, passing my hand through her hair as she just cried.

She fell against me, just crying and sobbing, I never want to see her this hurt ever again... I am sorry I can't take away your pain.

"I am here, together we'll make it through this." I said softly, watching the whirlwind around us slowly but surely losing in speed.

When the elements had finally calmed down Mystery had cried herself asleep in my arms.