-45-

The day was flying along, with almost an endless amount of people finding us around each turn; my arm was hurting from the weight of my on-purpose lightweight sword.

"Fuck!" I cried out, white-hot pain shooting through my shoulder, my sword just missing the parry, not putting a strong enough hit, and a rapier was stabbed through my shoulder.

"Audrey!" Mystery yelled, a shard of ice shooting through my attacker as she hurried over.

"I'll live." I hissed in pain as she gently touched my shoulder, she looked worried before pulling a roll of bandages out of her hip pouch and I let her.

"There." She said, my arm wrapped against my body so I didn't have to hold it and it would lift some of the strain on it.

"Thanks."

"Of course, now come on Audrey, we got to get moving or more will find us."

"Right."

---------------------------------

Her fire spewed from her hand, burning the enemy away but leaving burning flesh smell even as we went away further from them, I could see how she yet against burnt those supposed anti-burning gloves.

She was washing them in a deep looking lake but it wasn't that wide, she did that for a while before joining me again as I was standing a bit away from her, looking out if someone would find us.

"You should be careful." I said as I grabbed her hands in mine, I frowned when she pulled them away and balled them into fists, they were just deep red but they felt really hot, she needs to be careful or she'll set herself on fire.

"I'm fine."

"Mystery these gloves had been commissioned from a wild mage, they should never get it this state."

"I am fine, my body heals faster if it is my own magic hurting it." She said but each time she had used her fire in the last slice of sun I was expecting the skin to burn off her hands or at least blister, I guess she is right about her own magic hurting her less but still.

"Mystery..."

"Trust me on this one, I'll end up using magic more as my hold on a blade wouldn't be as solid as it is, you should look out for yourself." She brushed the tips of her fingers over my own injury, but she needs to understand her hands being injured can still be avoided.

"I'm fine Mystery, as a mage you can help me a lot but who'll help you?"

"I can help myself."

She staggered suddenly, as if shoved forwards, catching herself on my shoulder, I hissed in pain but she was making a worrying face.

"Mystery!" She didn't answer me as I called her name, gripping her face, what is going on with her?!

I saw caped figures drop out of the trees and throw her to the ground, a few strands of her silver hair sticking to the caped figure's palm as they had grabbed her by her hair.

"Don't move." I felt a sharp edge to my throat, I gripped my blade tight but didn't move.

I looked away from the figure in front of my when I heard someone throwing up, Mystery really not looking good as she was on her knees and hands.

"Take care of her."

"No! Leave her alone!" I yelled, I was grabbed as I tried to shove myself away. "You have no dignity?!" I yelled, one of them using their foot to shove her head in the vomit, a low low move from even criminals.

"Tie her up and take the princess, the lord want to see her." Who?

Mystery missed her fire blast and I gasped at the kick in the rips that they gave her.

"Stop! Please! She'll fail out of the trial if you take my gem, don't hurt her!" I said, it is still a good idea to marry Emersme as a cover as I know he can win so if her failing this trial saves us that's the better choice.

"I don't know what you are on about lady but we taking you."

"Y-you... You are with that yeti." Mystery spat, glaring as she was pulled up to her knees by two of them. "You are with the poisoner, the ambushes, the yetis, the fucking Shade... You are aren't you?!" She had her arms forced behind her back and tied.

"Why yes we are, the lord is surprised how she is still alive so he wants to see her before death." I started trembling as right now I am at the mercy of those people that have been trying to kill me since the start.

"You bastards, I'll gut you." She spat.

"I'd like to see you try." She was shoved down as one sat on her back and tied her legs up.

I watched the other examine the weapons they took from her.

I watched one lift a piece of rock with magic and tied the rope around it.

"Please don't." I whispered to the figure still holding me, guessing what might happen. "Not that please."

"I will love to see this." A male voice laughed as she was picked up. "Dump her!" He yelled.

"Mystery!" I yelled at the rock along we her was thrown in the water. "No!! MYSTERY!!!" 

I bashed my head back against the head of the man and yanked myself from the hold.

"MYSTERY!!!" I reached towards the water as I was tackled by two man.

"Stop struggling!" I was pulled back to my feet, fighting against the hold with tears in my eyes.

"NO!!! MYSTERY!!!" My throat hurt from all my screaming.

"Shut up!!" They yelled at me but I didn't care, jerking my arms to try to free them and kicking at their chines.

"AAAAAAAH!!!" Tears fell off my face.

"I said shut up!!" Something hard slammed in the back of my head.

My vision swam as they let me drop to the ground.

my vision dimmed, fighting but unconscious came.

I heard a loud boom as my eyes closed, hearing steam rise.

"H-how?" What are they... Talking... About...