-40-

I was slightly mad at my mother for not leaving us enough time because we were preparing to leave as soon as Mystery was awake again.

I was sitting on my horse with my cape on as it was raining cats and dogs.

This accident made me realize just why she is said to be the strongest of the mages and why they want her to be head mage; that was a lot of magic, and it was crying that knocked her out and did not exhaust her magical strength.

-----------------------------------

Mystery rod in front of the group with the two men behind me and me behind her, gripping the pommel of her new sword.

And unlike when we came here we took a different route backwards.

"Wow." Emersme breathed out, voicing my thoughts too as I looked up at the giant pieces of brown rock with clear blue crystals growing from it along with what looked like gold.

" Emersme breathed out, voicing my thoughts too as I looked up at the giant pieces of brown rock with clear blue crystals growing from it along with what looked like gold

"I never seen a Devine from this close and even less a dead one." I whispered.

"Yeah it is impressive yeah? We owe our lives to her." The guard said while pointing at the dead Devine.

"Mystery killed a Devine?!" Emersme yelled for a good reason, killing a Devine would require an arm and she did it alone?

"Two even but the other was way smaller."

"I was scared by this one." Mystery said, speaking for the first time since we left but didn't look back at us. "I didn't know about magic then and just threw my arms in front of me in fear, freeing all my magic at once and blowing that hole through the creature." She added, pointing at the huge hole in the side of the creature as we passed by it.

"And that was at such a young age as you were six like me when you came to the castle, wow." The other mage added.

"Let's just go."

----------------------------------------

When we finally stopped for the day, Mystery took first guard.

"You should sleep." She said as she stared into the darkness, sitting at the edge of the magical campfire set up with Emersme's magic.

"I could tell you the same but you insisted on taking guard duty." I said sitting next to her, she didn't look over.

I was so cold with all the wind and rain and well the rest put their capes on against the rain but Mystery never did, sitting there without protection under the pouring rain since when we left tho it seemed the least of her worries.

Her clothes and hair were stuck flat to her body and I would bet her boots are filled with it water too, Emersme was complaining about that.

We sat in silence, darkness heavy, no moon or stars visible through the rain clouds that kept falling.

I stood up and held my cape over her head, after a while she looked up at me and I gave her a small soft smile.

She stared at me, almost as if waiting for an answer why I did it.

"You helped me with my troubles Mystery, don't cut me out of yours."

"What would you know about this?!" I jerked back a bit as she barked with anger, standing right in my face now.

"No I do!"

"You don't! You don't!! You lost your father to war!! He didn't die in front of you!! Before your eyes!! You weren't separated from him and forced to know he was fading away while kept locked up in a castle!!"

"Mystery I get it... I get it ssh you're angry, it is normal." It hurt a bit but I had moved on as best I could and I knew it was just the pain talking.

"Normal huh?! Normal?!! No this isn't normal!! If it wasn't for your family I'd have been here to save mother!!" She jabbed her finger into my chest each time she'd finish a sentence. "I would have been there to help!! He wouldn't have fallen ill!! Too sad to fight on alone!! To die to a broken heart!!" She shoved me, making me fall to the ground.

"Hey ssh it is fine, you can blame my mother, heck you can blame me, it's normal, anger is part of grieving Mystery, just let it out." I said as I stood back up.

She looked away from me, I saw her hand flexing at her side and with a yell she threw it out towards the cliff's facade which exploded into shards of stone and fell to her knees sobbing right after it.

"Ssh, I know it hurts trust me, just breath in and out." I said, kneeling in front of her and hugging her as I glanced at the men who were frightened awake.

"I never even got to know him. I never got to know my father." She cried, holding on me tightly.

"I know Mystery, I know."

No one said a thing as Mystery cried into my arms.