-62-

"Mystery!"

That snapped me out of my shock.

"Mystery." I said worried, ignoring my pain as I used my hands to push myself off the ground and get closer to her as Belladonna lays her down, having caught her so she didn't hurt herself...Tho I still heard a light smack of her head on the ground. "Is she alright?"

"I think she truly isn't aware of what feat she did, that realization being the drop that made the cup spill over" The head mage said, brushing the silver hair out of Mystery's face. "But it makes so much sense."

Yes it did, her power, her hair, her eyes, her affinity to flames, her love of fighting in the air... alone they didn't mean much but it made sense for a dragon.

I heard coughing and looked to the other side of the room.

Meridith was doing her best to not cry as Eleric was near her and next to them the two mages.

"nothing works" Amalia who had been sitting next to Emersme pulled her hands away. "I can't urge his magic to heal him with my own."

I glanced at Belladonna who had a grim look on her face hinting of death to come.

I looked at my brother, I am sorry... Your mage is dying because he tried to save me.

I heard a grunt next to me and saw her sit up, a worry she wouldn't wake up slipping away as I watched her stare at her hands.

There was something.... Different, I don't know nothing changed, there is just a new feeling to her.

"Are you okay Mystery?" I put a really painful hand on her shoulder, the pain so much I couldn't stand so I sat near her until she woke up. "You just passed out I was so scared." She looked at me.

"I'm fine don't worry but you." I let her brush her hand in my long hair or what was left of its length because the blue fire bit hard and fast, what was left barely grazed my shoulders. I flinched slightly pain sparking and growing on my face as she touched a burn I had not felt and now unfortunately did. I let her gently grab my hands despite the hellish pain to them, so burnt in places I felt my finger or just flesh would fall of it I tried moving them, so painful that I didn't feel it anymore, just white hot constant pain that numbed everything in my hands.

She looked around before her eyes zoned into the hurt people, laying near each other, Eleric turned towards Meridith, whispering softly to her as Calypso had wrapped her leg up but she was bleeding through the bandages.

"Em." I heard her whisper as she stood up.

"I now remembered." She told Belladonna. "But I do not know how and why that happened I just know that I indeed was a silver scaled dragon for a while before the elm's root grabbed my raging self and held on until I passed out." The head mage nodded even if I knew she would have hoped for more.

All eyes on her as she walked over, I was still trembling but the shock was gone so I waved Mirel over and had him help me stand up to get closer before Belladonna grabbed me from him, having a much easier time holding me up with a simple arm around my waist.

"Thank you."

"Of course your Highness." She said as Mystery dropped to her knees by Emersme's side.

"That was....Cool." he whispered, he was so pale, he was going delirious a bit earlier but seeing her he yanked himself back to consciousness tho he was barely there. "If I would have known you were a freaking dragon." He chuckled softly before coughing blood, he.... He doesn't have long.

"We couldn't help him... The wound too deep." Amalia said softly and my heart ached for Mystery, she lost so much and she was losing more.

"No." He closed his tired eyes and didn't have the strength to open them again but he still smiled.

"We are sorry."

"Fuck no you can't die!" She did the same as Amalia had, hovering her hands that were crossed over each other right over the wound but if Amalia couldn't nudge his magic to heal him, no matter how strong she is, she won't be able to convince a dying body.

"Mystery." he whispered to her.

"You can't fucking die!" She said.

"Let me go..." He whispered weakly.

"Mystery!" Belladonna yelled at her, she was just prolonging her own misery by refusing to accept his end.

"Shut it Belladonna!" Belladonna said nothing, I'd be shocked too. "You wanted to know my secrets right?" She asked as if that was the important thing now.

She closed her eyes and I saw magic overflow from under her hands but nothing like what she did until now.

I gasped with Belladonna and a few others as the magic quickly filled the room, enveloping Emersme and Mystery completely, it looked like green glowing smoke and tendrils of it circled the room.

I touched the green smoke and it surrounded my hand, the hot pain turning  into dull numbness as I watched in awe how my skin was growing and turning back to normal, blemish free. I opened and closed my hand, I am healed!

I looked back at Mystery as the green magic touched my face, lifting my other hand into it, relief from the pain instant. she was crying.

"Wild magic." Mother whispered, barely any noise from anyone, shocked silence at what she did.

I stepped away from Belladonna, able to stand myself as I saw the burns on her own hands heal as she touched the magic with childish fascination, a glow I never saw in her eyes.

I saw Eleric's arm snap back into place without it hurting him and my sister unwrapped her healed leg.

I looked at the green magic, feeling nostalgic for some reason, feeling longing and love.... Magic comes from the heart.... Is.... This what she is feeling?

But as soon as this silent song was heard as fast it was gone, the room yet again lit simple by crystal torches and silence was around and heavy.

"I'm.... I'm healed" I whispered, still in awe that I got healed up so easily with no scares left behind.

"My arm.... Your leg." Eleric said, sitting up and hugging Meridith happily.

"Mystery." Leo poked his side who was completely fine, saying her name in awe.

"Mysty...." The hole in his stomach was gone, just the blood left dried on his skin as they both hugged each other tightly.

"Don't you dare chase your glorious death once again." She whispered.

I smiled.

Happy that there was no more loss.

Right?