-52-

"Second part of the trial as said will be one on one until one is left, all is permitted as long as the person doesn't surrender, each will be given a number pulled randomly, the one will fight the two, the three the four and so on, line up and we'll get to it." Mystery said, this throne is starting to hurt my butt, so hard.

I watched three mages raise the dirt circle Mystery made out of the ground by at least a good feet.

Mystery pulled a number, she was standing back to me and looked at it before sighing and holding it off to the side, letting me see the number two on it before she hid it away.

I watched her grab her shoulder and roll it before throwing her staff carelessly at Emersme who easily caught it, did she hurt her arm badly? Shit I wasn't watching the end of the previous trial.

Emersme showed her a number I couldn't see.

"My people." Everyone looked at my mother as she spoke, standing up. "As this is the last trial the real judges shall come and see if you are fit for the throne as only they can choose."

I heard a sound I would think was thunder if I haven't heard it before.

Wings.

The ground shook as the huge body hit the ground, falling out of the sky but not being hurt by that.

(I know you don't really see the back paws but ssssh.)

I looked at the familiar queen of dragons I was seeing for the first time outside of my dragon trial for my eyes, she looked exactly the same at in the vision, maybe even more beautiful with her sky blue scales, shining with no imperfections on them.

"A queen must connect to the dragons for the good of our people but the dragon must also find the potential consort worthy so even before the fights you'll all step forth, letting a fellow queen you'll answer to access your mind one on one to be sure you don't pose a danger to our future."

Dragon's are masters of wild magic, that is wildly known.

Even so, I was still surprised when I couldn't hear what she, Mystery or what the other contestants were saying even if they were right next to us.

I watched Mystery's mouth move but no sound came tho I knew she was talking, the dragon queen bending wild magic to isolate the sound of her words so no one but the person talking to her heard them.

The dragon queen was so big... One of her claws was my size, my whole height... Good gods.

"Mage Mystery and mage Alahorn please step into the fight area!" Belladonna called.

"Now look good Audrey, you will tell me what mistakes you will see considering the training of that other mage." Mother said.

"Yes mother."

She stepped on the elevated ring with the male mage, to start of the list of mistakes was he didn't have protection on him. Our mages wore minimum of armor but we wouldn't refuse them requesting more then their leather pieces, he looked too confident to not need protection against her.... But that's not the type of mistake mother asked for.

"The fights will be overseen by the royal family and the dragon queen, they have the right to call off a fight if they notice any reason to show this isn't a fair fight and outside tricks are at play, the fight will start when the head mage rings the gong." Mystery added the final rules, waving at Belladonna and us as she spoke.

Mystery looked relaxed but having spent so much time with her I knew the way she was standing right now would offer her more mobility, muscles ready to spring.

A gong rang loudly.