𝟑𝟖

Kaimana Valencia | April 1996

Kaimana believed that Draco didn't remember. She really did.

Which only led to her theory; drugged.

Draco was drugged.

He had said that he turned away from one of the drinks—which was dumb, but he was drunk, so it was whatever—because he was sipping on one.

Then he had said he gave her the drink he was sipping on, so she wouldn't get alcohol poisoning—which had internally made her smile when he told her—and it left him with the one drink he had turned his back on.

That one drink he turned his back on could have been the one that was spiked or drugged or something. It had to be.

But who would want to have poisoned Draco? Why use a serum or potion that made him aggressive and angry and violent? What was the motive?

To others, Kaimana would sound fucking crazy and unstable, but to herself, she sounded the clearest she'd ever sounded before.

She literally got beaten to a fucking pulp because of the person who drugged Draco.

So, the pieces were finally falling into place.

Draco was drugged. Thus the reason for his confusion when she avoided him and ran.

The night of their hookup was the reason Kaimana never had sex after that. She feared that if she ever had sex, she would get hit and slapped and beaten. She feared her vulnerability would make her an easy target to put hands on.

Again, the reason she stayed away from weed and alcohol. She was surrounded by it that night and before Draco told her what he did, she believed that it was the weed and alcohol that made him so angry and aggressive.

Thus the reason she told her mates to stop smoking and drinking around her. And the reason she took safety precautions when parties happened.

Kaimana was simply scared.

"Mama!" Zaiyah's voice brought Kaimana back to the reality of being woken up at seven in the morning on a Saturday.

Zaiyah said something incoherently as she crawled on top of Kaimana since she had slept in the same bed as her the night before. "Mama," she said again, her chubby legs on either side of her mum's torso.

"Good morning, darling." Kaimana sat up and closed her arms around her baby. She kissed her head and her cheeks and every part of her face. "Why are you up so early, hm? You don't want to sleep anymore?"

Zaiyah giggled and tangled her tiny, stumpy fingers in her mum's hair. "Ita El eae ea," she said, using one hand to point at the empty bed that was Meleah's.

"Tita Mel leave to eat, huh?" Kaimana looked over at the empty bed. "She left to eat before breakfast even started."

"Ekethst," Zaiyah beamed, clapping her hands together. "Iyah an ekethst."

"Zaiyah wants breakfast?" Kaimana smiled at her baby. "Zaiyah will get her breakfast."

Kaimana got Zaiyah ready; a pair of leggings and a jumper, socks, and boots. She also used small rubber bands to tie Zaiyah's soft dark hair in two pigtails. She put Zaiyah in her crib with a cookie and a toy before she went to dress herself.

Kaimana went to shower really quickly since she didn't get a chance to shower the night before due to falling asleep while doing more research about a potion or serum that could cause someone to act differently.

She wasn't obsessed. She just wanted the truth. She wanted answers.

After her shower, she wrapped herself in her robe before cleaning up a bit. She put her books and parchments away and made her bed quickly. Today was actually the day McGonagall and Snape were holding the ball dance routine practice in the Great Hall after lunch.

𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 | 𝐝.𝐦On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara