𝟓𝟖

Draco Malfoy | June 1996

"Happy birthday, mate." Blaise pulled him in for a hug, patting his back the way they always did.

Theodore did the same, except with a playful smooch on the cheek that Draco did not wipe off. "You've got a girlfriend, Theo. I don't think she'd appreciate you kissing other guys," he said even though he couldn't help his warm grin.

"I won't let my smoking hot girlfriend stop me from finding a boyfriend," Theodore said, and went to give Draco another smooch, but he dodged him.

"Move." Pansy shoved Theodore out of the way to give Draco her famous hug. Her hugs were comforting in a way that showed she didn't judge anyone. "Happy birthday, you platinum git."

"Thanks, Pans." Draco hugged her the tightest out of all of them.

When they left the common room, Theodore and Blaise were ahead, leaving Draco and Pansy a couple feet back.

"Are you going to get birthday sex?" she whispered for his ears only.

Draco's face turned red as he turned to look down at her. "Excuse me?"

"Birthday sex," she repeated in the same whisper, her green eyes locked with his. She had curled her hair this morning, so her heated curls were bouncing as she walked. "It's when you have sex on your bir—"

"I know what birthday sex is, Pansy." He rolled his eyes at her and adjusted his bag over his shoulder. "Even if I didn't, it's pretty self-explanatory by the term."

"Okay, well, are you?" she pressed on, nudging his arm with hers. "With that mystery girl of yours?"

"No," he said with a light chuckle. "I don't think I'll be having birthday sex. But I will see her later and just seeing her and knowing she wants me too does things to me sex couldn't possibly do."

"I bet she's hot." Pansy nodded her head, turning her gaze ahead. "I bet your mystery girl is hotter than you, and you're pretty hot if I do say so myself."

"Can you not fantasize about my girl?" Draco scoffed and ran his fingers through his soft hair to brush it back. "She's mine, Pansy. You've got your own girl." He turned to her with sharp eyes.

"No, I know." She was grinning now, her eyes capturing his. "Mel and I always do that though. It's how you know we trust each other and have a healthy relationship. She doesn't get jealous when I find other girls attractive, and I don't either. Sometimes we talk about the other girls and their best features and then it turns into she and I having the best sex."

"Is there no jealousy at all in your little relationship?" He was curious, brows knitted together.

She shook her head. "We trust each other. It was a bit hard for her to fully put her trust issues aside, but she did eventually because I did nothing to her that shows she couldn't trust me. I showed her that she could trust me. Which is something that fucking Lovegood failed to do." Her tone shifted bitterly. "She led my Meleah on. She hurt my Meleah."

"Pans, I'm really happy for you, you know that?" He smiled gently at his friend.

"Thanks." She smiled back, her eyes bright. "And whoever this mystery girl is, tell her I say thank you for teaching you how to smile. Before, you just did that weird thing with your mouth when you tried to smile."

He rolled his eyes at her, his smile wiping off and a scoff escaping. "Oh, be quiet," he muttered.

♧︎

"Abby irday, Dada!" Zaiyah beamed and jumped into Draco's arms.

He smiled instantly, feeling his heart do that familiar thing it always did when Zaiyah was in his arms. It felt warm and full of light.