𝟕𝟕

Kaimana Valencia | December 1996

The past couple of months were unforgettable, but Kaimana knew that her whole year wouldn't be filled with fluff and happiness.

Holiday was around the corner, and it seemed like everyone was more than ready to leave Hogwarts because still, the Death Eater number continued to grow.

It was all over the Daily Prophet, and Kaimana could see that the Golden Trio was more than sure Draco was one. Because of that, Kaimana avoided the Golden Trio.

She could see them obviously trying to save the day—trying to figure out just why Voldemort came back and what he was up to and how they could stop him and get rid of him once and for all.

The only people in the entire castle who knew why Voldemort was back were Kaimana herself, Draco, and Snape. But Snape did not know that Kaimana knew.

Kaimana snuck around with Zaiyah to see Draco—it was all sneaking around and sharing precious moments behind closed doors.

And funnily enough, Kaimana preferred to have her precious moments with them behind closed doors, just for herself and them.

"Why are you not studying for your OWLs?" Kehlani's brows drew together quizzically at Jaxon. "There's less than three months before we have to take them."

"I'll be fine, Lani." He waved a dismissive hand in her face. "I'll study over the holiday." He threw an arm around her, pulling her closer to drop a kiss on her temple.

That was a thing now—Jaxon and Kehlani. They were a couple, and Kaimana adored them together. They matched each other, and they looked beautiful together.

For the OWLs, a student only took the exams of the classes they took. Since Kaimana took four classes only and they all required the OWL exam. She had to do the D.A.D.A., Potions, History of Magic, and Charms exams.

She didn't want to sound vain, but she knew she would pass with flying colours for all of them... except Potions.

Her grade was better than it was last year—it seemed Snape had finally gotten in his right mind and stopped failing her since Draco told him they were more than close last year—but she was still shitting herself because of how nervous she was.

She was worried she would fail the Potions exam, but she repeatedly told herself she'd be fine since Snape was actually just out to get her—in other words, failing her on purpose for the sake of Draco having a way of getting close to her.

"Jaxon, if you fail—"

"I won't fail," he cut her off by pressing a hand over her mouth. "I swear I'll study. Just not now."

Kehlani seemed like she wanted to protest something, but she held back and nodded.

Kaimana was sitting with them at one of the dead ends of the castle. They just gathered in the corner with their studies, and studied. Zaiyah was asleep in the dorm as Meleah studied there.

A lot of Kaimana's mates didn't take as many courses this year since it was their second to last year, and they were all settling on what they wanted to do as their occupation.

Ha ha, Kaimana still had no clue what she was going to do. But she took a few classes that would surely help her in the future and create a big variety of what she could do in the future.

"Jax, do you know where Quinn is?" Kaimana asked, her eyes staring down the corridor to try to see if any of the students down the corridor was the guy she was searching for.

"He's in the common room with that Millie girl," Jaxon said, and flipped through his girlfriend's notes. "Why do you ask?"

"I need to talk to him about something." Whether or not Draco would be pissed at her for this, she was going to tell Quinn everything she knew. And then she would tell all of her mates because in order for them to be prepared for what's to come, they needed to know ahead of time.