𝟒𝟕

Draco Malfoy | April 1996

He really didn't mean to sound like a dick.

Kaimana just caught him off guard when she looked at him with her beautiful doe eyes and said she told three of her friends about what was going on between them.

Because if people found out, Snape would know Draco was lying, and then he'd tell Voldemort. Draco still didn't have the faintest clue about what Voldemort wanted to retaliate against Kaimana for.

She was harmless.

And Draco thought that maybe if he could keep him and Kaimana's little thing in secret, then he would get more time with her before time ran out. Voldemort did say not to rush it. He said to gain her trust with her daughter as well, to be able to sleep in the same room as her.

Part of Draco felt guilty because all of this with him and Kaimana started when he was given the task, but the other part of him was selfish because he wanted more of Kaimana and only for himself. Which was why he wanted to keep it a secret.

Now, standing by the Great Hall doors, Draco watched from afar as Kaimana danced and laughed with her daughter and Quinn. Zaiyah looked vivacious and lively, jumping up and down and the skirt of her dress was bouncing with her actions.

He hadn't been able to pull Kaimana aside to talk to her because she was busy with her mates and her baby.

But he couldn't get over how stunning and sexy Kaimana looked on this particular night. Her outfit was beautiful and with her long legs, she looked like a model. Her hair was pin straight and her gold jewelry was sparkling as bright as her eyes.

Her makeup was bolder and more fierce, and it made his knees weak. That lacy top under her big blazer hugged her curves in all the perfect ways and made her breasts push together.

God, he couldn't get over that top on her. She looked so good and it made it hard to breathe for him.

Then his eyes shifted to Blaise and Luna, who were at the table they were assigned at. They were whispering things into each other's ears and giggling and kissing.

Draco scoffed and looked away.

He saw Theodore and Aisling on the dance floor too, dancing and smiling and laughing. Draco was happy for them. They seemed genuinely happy.

Then he saw Pansy talking with Meleah by the refreshments table. He caught himself grinning because of the way Pansy was standing; her hands tangled in each other, shifting from one foot to the other, her lips playing in a coy smile. He was grinning because she was shy around Meleah.

Draco found himself sort of upset that he couldn't do what his mates were doing with their partners. He wanted to dance with Kaimana and kiss her and whisper things in her ear without having to keep it a secret.

If he was able to let it out in the open, he would show her off like the biggest diamond known to man. He would show her off in front of whoever looked in her direction.

He would flaunt her around and be smug and cocky about it because he had her. He knew what it was like to kiss her. He knew what it was like to see her happy and melt under his touch. He knew what it was like to hold her.

But no, he wasn't able to do any of that because this was supposed to be a fucking task. He was never supposed to fall for her or get addicted to her lips.

He was never supposed to feel the way he did about her. And he couldn't keep her a secret forever.

He would have to eventually tell Snape that she did trust him. But then she would be hurt because when Voldemort retaliates against her, she would know Draco did what he did as a task.