𝟑𝟒

Kaimana Valencia | February 1994

Kaimana was walking through the Ravenclaw common room. She had just left Cardin's dorm from doing some studying with him and Kehlani, but Kehlani decided to stay longer.

Kaimana had gone to check Zander's dorm to see if he was there, but when she knocked, no one answered. She went with the assumption that he wasn't there since he usually answered to the first knock.

She walked down to the library, hoping to see her boyfriend there, but she didn't. She did see Elijah and Jaxon though, so she went to go sit with them at the couch.

"Have you guys seen Zander?" She sat next to Elijah, who was sitting on the couch.

"Not since I saw him in the Great Hall for lunch," Jaxon answered from the armchair. "Did you check his dorm?"

"Yeah, but he isn't there." Kaimana drew out a sigh and slumped into the couch.

"Did you check the common room?" Jaxon flipped through his textbook, which rested on his lap, before scribbling notes on his parchment.

"Jax, if she checked his dorm, I'm pretty sure she passed the common room. And if she is asking us where Zander is, it concludes that she didn't see him in the common room." Elijah rolled his eyes exasperatedly.

"I was just trying to help, Lija." Jaxon scoffed and shook his head.

Kaimana chuckled. "Well, thank you. But no, Jax, he isn't in the common room."

"Kai, can you spare a few minutes and help me with this?" Jaxon waved at her to come sit next to him.

She stood and sat on the arm of the armchair he was sitting in. "Help with that?" she mused and looked down at his textbook.

"I don't understand this." He pointed at a question in the textbook.

Kaimana stayed with Jaxon and helped him for a few hours instead of minutes. She talked with her mates and laughed with them as she helped Jaxon with his Potions homework. She was always good at Potions, so it was no problem for her.

"I'll see you guys at dinner, okay?" Kaimana slung her bag over her shoulder. "I need to find Zander."

"Alright, thanks for the help, Valencia." Jaxon smiled at her.

"Of course." She shot him a smile.

"See you." Elijah waved and smiled.

Kaimana left the library and went to check Zander's dorm one more time, just to see if he was there now.

She walked through the Ravenclaw common room and down the boys' dormitory hall. She knocked on Zander's door, and she heard, "Come in."

"Hi." Kaimana smiled at her boyfriend, closing the door behind her. It seemed as though Zander's roommates weren't there, so they had the dorm to themselves.

Zander was sitting on the edge of his bed. his  back was hunched, his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands. "Where were you?" He lifted his head to meet her eyes.

"I could ask you the same question." Kaimana chuckled and put her bag down before walking to him. "I looked for you."

"Really?" Zander barked a wry laugh. "Did you now?"

Her brows frowned as she stood in front of him. "I did, Zander." Her head tilted to the side, confused by his mood. "I checked your dorm earlier, the common room, the library, and I couldn't find you. I came again now to see if you were here, and you are."

"The library, huh?" He rose from the bed, rubbing a hand over his face. His jaw was tight and his green eyes were sharp. "What else did you do in the library, Mana?"