𝟖𝟖

Draco Malfoy | May 1997

"Do you want more?" He stood from the armchair to grab her empty plate from the tray in front of her. "Let me make you another peanut butter and jelly sandwich, okay?"

Kaimana stared at him blankly from the middle of the bed. "I had two already," she said as she brought the rim of her cup to her lips. "And I had two chocolate clovers." She sipped her ice water.

"But you need to eat," he insisted, and held the plate in his hands. His eyes lowered to the crumbs on her plate and the leftover corner pieces of the sandwich. "I can make you eggs. Do you want eggs?" He captured her mesmerizing gaze once more.

"Can my eggs collide with your sperm to give me another baby instead?" She brought her hand to her throat, caressing the part of her neck she was grazed by Bellatrix. He noticed she did that often, ever since she was cut.

And that was what made Draco frown.

He had been feeling so awful since the day Bellatrix hurt Kaimana. She was so torn and angry and distraught about this being the second time she almost died before Zaiyah could get a chance to grow up—that was what Kaimana was most scared of. He knew. She was scared of Zaiyah growing up without her.

And because of the guilt, Draco was extra clingy and protective and worrisome of Kaimana. He just wanted to make sure she was okay and well and fed.

He had healed her after she finished crying, and luckily it didn't leave a scar. She claimed her biceps were a bit sensitive and sore, and he felt guilty for all of it.

So he was unconsciously being more possessive and protective over her, checking up on her. She was acting fine though. Perfectly fine.

"I just want to make sure you eat," Draco said now, shrugging his shoulders. "But if you want another baby instead, then sure. I can give you another baby. Whatever you want, my darling." He quickly regretted his hasty words, feeling his own eyes widened.

"I want another one," Kaimana beamed, and put her hands on her cheeks in joy. "Let's have another baby."

He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, still holding the plate. "I want another one with you as well, but maybe after all this is over, okay?" He shot her a fleeting smile. "We'll have as many babies as you want."

"Maybe three."

He grinned. "I was thinking the same."

"Yeah? Why do you want three?" She was curious as she crawled to him. She took the plate from his hands and put it on the tray on the bed where she was sitting before climbing onto his lap. She winded her arms around his neck, her legs hanging over his thighs.

"Two is too little, four is too much." His hands curled around his girl's waist, his eyes locked with her loving ones.

"Maybe after we have three, we can think about more."

He actually laughed roughly through a smile, shaking his head at her. "We'll see, yes?" he murmured.

She nodded with a soft smile before it faded slightly. "I don't blame you for any of this, you know that, right?" Her voice was delicate and warm. "It's really no one's fault except Voldemort—I mean, who knew he was capable of love."

He blew out a sigh. "I'm so sorry about my aun—" He was cut off when she sealed his lips with her pretty ones.

He did not have to be told twice to kiss her back. His lips entwined with hers and he was glad he was seated, so he didn't have to worry about his knees buckling.

"Don't apologize, Draco," she whispered firmly between his parted mouth. "If you apologize one more time, I will put hair removal serum in your shampoo."