𝟑𝟑

Draco Malfoy | March 1996

Draco gave Kaimana her time.

He gave her a few days free of his presence. And to him, it was more than enough.

He also needed to make sure he wouldn't get a hard-on from her again, because that was sort of embarrassing for him.

He planned to approach her the next day since it was currently eleven o'clock at night. Draco wasn't tired, so he wasn't in his dorm. He was walking around the dark, empty castle.

He didn't want to go back to his dorm anyway.

He walked up the spiral stairs to the Astronomy Tower, craving some of the fresh, cold air. He stepped onto the platform and he was surprised when he saw her.

Kaimana was sitting on the edge of the platform, her legs swinging over the edge. Her arms were crossed lazily over the second railing of the fence, and her cheek was resting on her arm, and he could guess her eyes were closed.

He saw her wearing a Gryffindor Quidditch sweatshirt, which he assumed was an old one from when she used to play. She was wearing blue pajama pants and her hair was bunched up in a bun that was hanging messily down the side of her head. When her legs swung gently, he saw black boots that looked like slippers on her feet.

"Clover?" Draco approached her slowly, leaving two meters between them.

Kaimana's head lifted from her arms and whipped around so quickly, like she got jump-scared. "Holy fuck, Malfoy." She exhaled a sigh before resting her cheek back on her arms. "Don't do that, you weirdo."

"I scared you," he said, grinning in amusement.

"Yeah. Your face is pretty horrifying."

His grin wiped off. "What are you doing out here?" He took a few steps closer, still leaving a safe distance between them. "Where's your fetus?"

"None of your business," she droned. "And I thought I told you not to come near me."

"But I don't listen."

"Clearly."

Silence.

"Can I sit with you?" He was going to take this as an opportunity to get closer to her, emotionally.

"No."

He sat next to her anyway.

"Goodnight." She scooted back and stood from her spot.

"Clover, please." Draco didn't realize how desperate and whiny he sounded until it went silent.

Kaimana turned and faced him, her arms folded over her chest in a way that Draco knew meant she was getting irritated. "What do you want from me, stalker?" A baby strand of her dark hair fell out of her bun and rested gracefully over her temple.

He stood and shoved his hands in his trouser pockets. He leaned on the railing, his back to the open. "I want to talk to you." He ignored the nickname she called him and fought the urge to tuck her hair behind her ear.

"But I don't want to talk to you."

"Well, then we need to compromise, yes?"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Fine. Keep your attitude. I can handle it."

Kaimana took a step closer to him, her jaw tight. "You've been watching me for weeks, and you always know where to find me. You broke your bloody arm just to talk to me and then you tried to use our tutor sessions as a way to talk to me when I avoided you," she snapped in fury. "You even asked my friend about me. Honestly, do you know what boundaries are?"