𝟑𝟔

Kaimana Valencia | March 1996

Was he so drunk that he forgot the stuff he did to her after they smoked and drank some more?

Was that it?

Because Kaimana didn't forget.

Kaimana had been drunk that night, and so was he. But the moment she felt her right cheek sting from a sharp slap, she was stone cold sober.

It would be absolutely sick if Draco just pretended to not know.

For some reason, this had Kaimana's mind working for days. So she had been spending her free time in the library, sometimes with her daughter, sometimes alone.

Kaimana had dropped her studies to do research about something that she didn't even know she thought was a possibility. Because how else could someone explain Draco not remembering what happened after he took a shower, but she remembered all of it?

They seemed to have been in the same state of drunk—carefree, carless, reckless, horny, starved for sex and touch and desire and pleasure—when they were making out and rushing to his dorm. They both drank roughly the same amount of alcohol and smoked the same blunt when they were naked in his bed.

And she didn't really take Draco to be the kind of drunk to get so drunk, he forgot everything. Not to mention, he remembered what happened during their drinking and smoking in bed, but then he said he didn't remember anything after he stepped away to shower. It just didn't make sense.

Even though Draco was a complete demon in the sheets, he was still gentle and made sure she was okay and that he had her consent. He was laughing with her after the sex and they were talking and everything.

And then he snapped and didn't remember the part where he fucking beat her to a pulp? It made no sense.

So, Kaimana was doing something she couldn't believe she was even doing. She was in the library, researching potions or serums that could have been used to change the way someone acted. Maybe a potion that could have made someone more aggressive, violent, and hostile.

And even if she were to find something like this, who would have done it? Who would have drugged Draco?

Kaimana almost laughed out loud in disbelief. Was she really doing this? Yes, because she couldn't make any sense of it.

When Zaiyah was first born and in Kaimana's arms moments after the cesarean section, Kaimana was sobbing and Zaiyah was squalling so heartbreakingly hard that her entire body shook.

"I'm so sorry," Kaimana had said through her sobs to her baby as she held her to her heart, "I'm so sorry, you precious girl."

Those were her first words to her baby.

And quite frankly, they just slipped out because of the equal amount of heartbreak she felt as she felt elated. Reasoning for the vivid feeling of heartbreak was because Zaiyah was conceived on one of the most traumatic nights of Kaimana's life.

This small baby she was holding—her baby—was conceived on the most horrifying night of her life.

Kaimana felt like she could still hear her baby crying from that moment, but then she realized that crying was from the present.

"Hi, angel." Quinn appeared with a wailing Zaiyah. "Zaiyah wants her mama."

Kaimana stretched her arms out and pulled her crying daughter into her chest. "Oh, baby." She picked her up in her arms, lightly tapping her bum and rocking her.

She was sitting on the floor in one of the book aisles with books about potions, serums, and other stuff.

"What's wrong, darling?" Kaimana gently rocked her baby and kissed her head as Zaiyah buried her face in her neck.