𝟎𝟒

Draco Malfoy | November 1995

Did he smell?

No, he never smelled. His hygiene was amazing. If anything, he was too clean. But being too clean wasn't possible.

Well, the only other reason why Kaimana never went near him was because she was allergic to something he wore.

Maybe his cologne?

His cologne was top shelf. The best cologne. It was a woodsy, teakwood sort of scent with a slight mint.

It got all the girls. His smell was very strong and got all the girls, so it wasn't his cologne or scent.

Draco was genuinely confused as to why Kaimana never went near him.

Honestly, he didn't care, but it intrigued him because he knew all his enemies. And Kaimana was never one of them. Until now apparently.

Draco got irritated by the way she avoided him and the way she never threw snarky comments back at him the way she used to.

He found enjoyment in riling her up to get her to snap back at him. But she didn't anymore.

It pissed him off. This made him sound horrible, the fact that he snarked at her only to feel the enjoyment of getting a reaction out of her.

During the rest of class in Potions, when he had been paired up with her, she didn't say a word to him. If anything, she did the whole thing herself without uttering so much as an 'okay' to Draco.

He had noticed that Kaimana's hands were a bit shaky when she made the potion, and how tense her shoulders were. Draco could guess it was because she was failing Potions, clearly.

Or maybe that night was a mistake. The night they first drunkenly hooked up in his dorm during a party in the Slytherin common room.

Did she get emotionally attached? Was that why she avoided him? Because he was in a relationship now too, so maybe Kaimana just couldn't handle being around him whilst he was in a relationship.

That had to be it.

Yeah, that was it.

Oh, he didn't give a shit anymore. If she wanted to act like a cold bitch, then he would let her.

"Draco." Astoria's voice ripped him from his thoughts.

"Hm?" Draco shifted his gaze over at his girlfriend.

They were in the Slytherin common room after their classes, and they were on the loveseat. Astoria had been reading a book, and Draco supposedly zoned out when he was looking in the fire.

"I was asking if I'm supposed to come to your Manor for the holidays," she said softly, quietly. Her brows drew together in a concerned frown. "Are you alright, darling?"

He nodded with the closest thing to a smile. He could never smile. Only smirk and grin. How the fuck did one smile?

"Come if you want," he answered her question, his voice coming out sincere. "Don't feel obligated, Tori."

Because it didn't matter whether someone was there or not, Draco knew his father would still do it.

Astoria nodded and let her chin rest on his shoulder, her arm looped around his neck. "I could come for a few days, if that's alright?"

"Of course." Draco kissed her cheek gently. "I'll tell my mother tonight when I write to her."

Astoria wasn't very fond of being around her family. She didn't complain a lot about her parents, but she whined here and there about how she hated them. She loved her sister though, Draco remembered that. They weren't close, but they loved each other.