𝟖𝟓

Draco Malfoy | April 1997

"Excuse me?" Draco couldn't hide the alarm and panic he felt.

"She's in one of the rooms upstairs," Narcissa said as she poured her son a cup of tea at the table. "Fenrir brought her in late in the night. She was knocked out."

"Fenrir Greyback?" Draco felt something vile rise in his throat. He felt like he was going to be sick. "Fenrir Greyback brought Clover here late last night from Hogwarts?"

She nodded, a small and sympathetic expression on her face. "They hexe—"

"They what?" He stood from his seat, visibly angry as his jaw clenched. "They hexed her?"

"Only to a knockout," she quickly said, putting a hand on his shoulder to sit him back down at his seat at the table.

He was tense, stiff as a board. "Who else went?" he asked, his features darkened agitatedly.

"Greyback, Bella, and Rowle. They broke into the castle in the middle of the night to take her." She sat next to him, eyeing him carefully. "Valencia wasn't harmed, Draco."

"They fucking hexed her." His voice slightly rose in anger. The fury was hot and white in his body, fresh and raw. "They hexed her."

"Don't use that language and tone with me, Draco. I'm your mother." Narcissa's voice was firm and hard. Her eyes were serious and sharp.

Draco just shook his head, livid. He wanted to see her. He wanted to see Kaimana right now.

"The Lord asked for Valencia to be here for when he comes," Narcissa said quietly, locking her fingers over the table. "He wanted her unharmed, so she was brought here unharmed."

"I'm going to see her." Draco rose from his chair, every atom in his body tensed and tight.

"Draco—"

"I'm going to see her," he repeated, more sternly and sharply.

Narcissa's brows creased into a frown. She nodded gently with a faint smile. "It's the last room down the hall of your bedroom."

He left without another word.

Draco went up the stairs, three steps at a time. He strode down the hallway of his bedroom until he reached the end. His heart was racing and he didn't realize it until he was right in front of the door.

He inhaled and exhaled heavily before trying to open the door, but it was locked. He knocked instead.

"LET ME GO, YOU PSYCHOTIC PEOPLE!" Even though she was shouting angrily and he heard a falter in her voice, he couldn't suppress the vivid relaxation that washed through his body from simply hearing her voice.

"Clover?" he spoke through the door, his eyes lowering to his shoes before he looked back at the door. "It's me, darling. Can I come in?"

Silence.

And then he heard a small gasp, "Draco?"

"Can I come in, Clover?" he asked again in the same gentle, soothing voice.

"Come in," he heard her say in such a faint voice, he barely even heard it.

He took his wand out and muttered the spell to open the door before putting it back in his back pocket. He closed his fingers around the knob and pushed the door open. He stumbled back when she jumped straight into him, her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist.

Almost immediately, he felt his entire body swim with warmth and relief that his girl was safe in his arms. He sealed his strong arms around her body and walked into the room, kicking the door shut behind him.