𝟎𝟏

Kaimana Valencia | November 1995

"Your baby's shit smells ghastly, Kai."

Kaimana rolled her eyes at Quinn, an amused smile on her lips. "You offered to change her," she said, sitting on her bed.

"Because I was trying to be polite by letting you study," Quinn drawled, tossing Zaiyah's diaper in the bin. "I didn't think you'd actually say yes."

Again, Kaimana rolled her eyes. She and Quinn were in her dorm since neither of them had classes, and she was trying to get some studying in for an upcoming exam.

Kaimana was a teen mom of a nine-month-old. She had Zaiyah when she was nineteen, and she was turning twenty soon. Zaiyah was born on February 14th of 1995, also known as Valentine's Day.

Kaimana's birthday was December 6th, which was coming up very soon. Due to her late birthday, she was always mistaken as a third year at Hogwarts University, but she was actually a fourth year, along with all her mates.

Kaimana knew who the father of her baby was, of course she knew. Draco Malfoy. And she might have been a bitch for this, but she never told him about the baby. She had her reasons, and they were very valid reasons, and she stood by them.

Kaimana's Muggle mother died when Kaimana was only seven, but her father was still here. Kaimana was a Halfblood. Muggle mother and Pureblood father.

She saw her father whenever she could, mostly on holidays. Her father supported her one hundred percent on her pregnancy and her choice to have the baby. If anything, he might have been more excited about the baby. He bought the needed things for the baby with the money he was getting from his job even though they had the Valencia vault.

Now, Kaimana didn't have a mother figure, but she was learning as the time went on how to raise a baby with love and care and affection. How to be a mother.

The only people who knew who the father of her baby was were her mates, and her father. She had asked them just to keep it a secret, and not share it with anyone else, and they all obliged without a thought.

It was funny because Kaimana had a pretty big group of friends she called family; Quinn Reid, Jaxon Rivers, Elijah King, Aisling Chung, Meleah Mai, Kehlani Tiller, Flynn Reyes, and Cardin Xia. Those were her friends. That was her family.

They, too, supported her with her choice to have a baby. In fact, they helped come up with the name Zaiyah. Zay-uh, people kept pronouncing, but it was Zeye-uh.

Her mates thought it was clever that Zaiyah and Kaimana would have similar nicknames with the Ai part. Kai-mon-uh. Zai-yuh.

And it was amazing because all of Kaimana's friends were like aunts and uncles to her sweet baby girl.

Like now, for example. As much as Quinn hated to admit he was a sucker for babies, he changed Zaiyah's diapers, gave her baths, played with her, and always begged to have her fall asleep on his chest while Kaimana did what she had to do.

Currently, he was speaking in a baby voice to Zaiyah and she was giggling through her own babbles. "Your mama is a real piece of work, isn't that right, munchkin?" Quinn cooed, smooshing his lips into Zaiyah's chubby cheeks.

Kaimana shot Quinn an exasperated stare, and he grinned at her with his siren eyes.

Zaiyah was probably the most beautiful baby Kaimana's ever seen, and that wasn't just because she was the mother of said baby.

Zaiyah had the most beautiful pale blue eyes, courtesy of her piece of shit biological father. Zaiyah also had his nose, but that was about it. As far as Kaimana could tell.