𝟐𝟐

Kaimana Valencia | February 1996

"I HATE ANAL!"

Everyone in the dorm turned to see Flynn slamming the door behind him as he entered, his face plastered with annoyance.

"I like it." Jaxon nodded and laid on Elijah's bed.

Kaimana and the rest of the group were in Elijah's dorm. It was quite early still. Well, early for it being the weekend.

Kaimana was sitting on the end of Elijah's bed, reading a book. Zaiyah was sleeping on Jaxon's chest since he took her from Kaimana's arms before he even uttered a word to her.

Elijah's roommates were gone when they got to the dorm, and Elijah had said they never usually come to the dorm because they've started having their hookups somewhere else since Elijah was fond of sleep and peace and getting work done in his dorm.

"Good morning to you too, handsome." Aisling gave a confused smile, her brows furrowed. She sat on the floor by Elijah's bed with Quinn's head in her lap, laid on the floor, as he rambled to her about how stupid studies are.

"Why do you hate anal?" Cardin asked curiously, but also bemusedly. He was coming out of the bathroom from taking a dump.

"If you're a bottom, you'd understand why anal is horrendous." Flynn dropped exhaustively onto the armchair by the desk.

"I understand," Kehlani and Aisling said at the same time as Meleah said, "I haven't had sex in weeks."

"Why?" Kaimana whispered to Meleah, who was sitting in front of her on the floor, painting her toenails.

"Because even though Luna and I aren't dating, I'm loyal to her." Meleah paused in the middle of painting her pinkie toe to smile serenely at her friend.

Kaimana nodded with an encouraging smile.

"Explain why anal is so horrendous?" Elijah asked as he sat at his desk, doing some homework.

"It lacks passion," Kehlani, Aisling, and Flynn said in unison.

"Elaborate." Quinn sat up straight, and turned to lean on the bed next to Aisling.

"When you're doing it and getting it from behind, you're so far from your partner," Kehlani explained indulgently. "If you're in a relationship, you develop a more preference for doing it, like, in a more passionate and intimate way. Do you know what I mean?"

"Yeah," Aisling agreed, and added, "Because with anal, you're facing away from your partner and it just feels less meaningful when they're hitting it from behind and you can't even see them or kiss them or caress them."

Flynn added, "It's like it's a reckless and meaningless fuck rather than something more passionate and full of love and stuff. You know?"

"I never thought about it like that," Jaxon said at the realization, stroking Zaiyah's hair as she slept peacefully on his chest.

"Ais, if you're talking like this, does that mean you and Theo..." Cardin trailed off, arching an eyebrow.

"You know I've had a boyfriend before I started just hooking up with guys, right?" Aisling rolled her eyes and tucked her dark hair that seemed like she curled the night before behind her ear.

"Okay, but you still didn't answer my assumption," Cardin retorted and dropped onto one of the other beds.

Kaimana saw Aisling's cheeks tint red. "We're just fucking," she said, and looked down at her lap, playing with her shoelace. "A lot."

"Hey, guys, did you know Kai is miserably failing Potions?" Jaxon felt the need to say this, and Kaimana let her eyes roll in annoyance.

"Jeez, Jax, thanks for that," she muttered, and sheepishly buried her face in her book. "Tell the whole world, why don't you?"