𝟓𝟓

Kaimana Valencia | May 1996

Kaimana found it amusing when his face fell. She  didn't show her amusement, though she enjoyed every second of it.

"Aimee?" Draco echoed, blinking rapidly.

"Did I stutter?"

He clenched and unclenched his jaw. "Clover, what happened to her?" His voice was low and rough.

"She died."

"How?"

"Overdose."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying," she told him serenely with a smile. "She died from an overdose, but she didn't do it herself. I did it."

She couldn't suppress her laugh when his eyes went wider. "Are you fuc—fudging kidding me, Clover?" he hissed, brows knitted together. "When did you... when did you do it?"

"When I was seven." Kaimana possessively wrapped her arms around Zaiyah to pull her onto her lap. "It was easy. I'm not and was never dumb. I just play dumb."

She knew he thought she only killed Astoria and her stepbrother. Like everyone else, he thought her mum died because of a natural cause.

"Mama mart." Zaiyah nodded enthusiastically and winded her arms around Kaimana's neck. "Mama cheats too."

"Cheats?" Draco's brow rose, his eyes sharp and burning to Kaimana. "What do you mean cheats? Is there another Dada in the picture?"

"I cheat in hide and seek, according to Zai," Kaimana clarified, grinning wickedly at his protectiveness and jealousy. "I tricked her by closing the door and opening it, and then she got mad at me when I found where she was since she came out of her hiding spot."

"Dada dada," Zaiyah also clarified, and pointed at Draco. "Dada my dada."

"Good." Draco nodded sternly as his eyes flicked to the one-year-old. "I'm your dada, mon amour. Oui?"

"Weeee." Zaiyah was shaking her head exaggeratedly to draw out the e in we even though Draco said oui.

"I'll take it." He smiled at the baby.

"I need to take Zaiyah back to the dorm for her nap." Kaimana stood up before swooping Zaiyah into her arms.

"Can I see you again later?" Draco stood before crouching to put Zaiyah's things back into the baby bag.

"If Zaiyah sleeps well and early, maybe." She shot him a smile as he stood.

"Bring her if she doesn't want to sleep," he suggested with hopeful eyes, handing her the baby bag. He turned to Zaiyah. "Zaiyah, you want to see Dada again later?"

"Dada!" Her eyes lit up as she clapped her chubby hands together. "Dada ater."

"You see Dada later, right?" He was smiling like an idiot as he cupped her chubby face.

"I see Dada." She nodded vigorously, matching Draco's wide smile, except she had three baby teeth; two on top and one on the bottom.

Kaimana tried not to melt into a pool of awe. She was happy. She was genuinely happy that Zaiyah was growing onto Draco and vice versa.

Maybe this could work. Maybe this was meant to be.

"Can I hug her, Clover?" Draco seemed hesitant, nodding at the baby.

Kaimana couldn't hide her smile as she nodded. "Of course." She put Zaiyah down.

Zaiyah ran to Draco's legs and wrapped her tiny arms around one of them. "Dada, bye-bye! Iyah eep ow."