*Love Is In The Air*

"We got her," the nurse exclaimed as she looked at the monitor, Gabby's vitals suddenly coming back strong. Her eyes flew open and Matt raced to the side of her bed. "Don't scare me like that ever again," cried Matt who put his forehead against Gabby's. "Matt give her some room," Sylvie said making Matt step back a bit.
"What happened?" Gabby asked looking around and rubbing her forehead. "You're heart stopped Gabby. Did you drink any of that soda?" the doctor asked, pointing at the coke can next to Matts chair. "No... I only ate a couple of chips" The doctor looked at Gabby and shook his head. "Ms. Dawson, you're only allowed to have hospital fluids right now since your body is still trying to heal not only from the puncture but also an infection," the doctor replied. Kelly and Sylvie looked at each other and then at Matt. "What infection?"
"Gabby has a type of MRSA by her heart that was left untreated for many months. Her heart stopped mainly because of that. Since she got sutured on her gall bladder, you can experience pain for the next few days. Gabby... You may be in the hospital for a week at least... Until your MRSA is cleared. You also won't be cleared to work for about a month at the most, 3 weeks being the least," the doctor said leaving the room. Kelly and Sylvie walked over the other side of Gabby's hospital bed and Sylvie held her hand. "Gabby I am so sorry," she said. Kelly patted Gabby's thy and sighed.
Matt shook his head in disbelief. How would she be able to work at all? He knew what he had to do. "I'm gonna duck out of here for an hour at the most. Do you guys mind staying here with her until I get back?" Matt asked grabbing his car keys and jacket. Gabby looked over at Matt. "I don't want you to leave," she said. "Why not?" "I know you'll do something stupid, and I wont be around to stop you," Gabby replied. Kelly laughed and Matt gave him the death stare. "I promise you I won't do anything stupid. I just have to deal with some unsolved issues at the firehouse," Matt said. "Sure we'll watch her," Sylvie said. Matt nodded his head and left the hospital room. He walked down the hallway and out the doors of the hospital. He clenched his jaw and made his hands into fists. What he was about to do would risk his job, but Gabby was more important to him than that.

#1 A Reason To LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara