Chapter 12 *Exposed*

"So.... What did you and Matt do last night?" Sylvie asked as they stood in line looking at the menu. Gabby looked at Sylvie and laughed. "We watched a movie and ate dinner," Gabby replied, zoning oute"What else did you do?" Sylvie asked smirking. "Never mind that," Gabby said, making Sylvie laugh. "So, whens the baby due?" Gabby asked, quickly trying to change the subject. "September 13th," Sylvie replied as they reached the register, ordering their food.

"Hey look! Gabby left her phone on the table. Lets take a selfie," Kelly said picking up Gabbys phone, sliding the screen up and moving over to Matts side of the booth. "Kelly, arent we too old to take selfies?" "You are never to old to take selfies," Kelly replied making Matt laugh, handing him Gabbys phone. "1, 2, 3," Matt counted taking the photo, both of them making silly faces. They then pulled up the photo and they laughed, quickly placing the phone back on the table when they saw the girls walking back. Kelly quickly got up and went to Sylvie, grabbing the food out of her hands bringing it to the table, setting it down. "Here you go," Gabby said setting Matts coffee in front of his face. "Thank,s" Matt replied to her as she sat down, placing a bagel in front of him.

"Why are you guys so quiet?" Sylvie asked looking at Kelly and Matt who were talking to each other with their eyes. "Um,"Matt said as Gabby picked up her phone and they had forgotten to turn off the camea mode. "Sylvie look!" Gabby laughed showing Sylvie the picture, both Matt and Kelly looking embarassed. "Selfies guys really? Aren't we all to old for that?" Sylvie asked. "Whoa, you're never to old to take a selfie," Gabby announced Kelly looking at her. "Thank you," he exclaimed high fiving Gabby across the table, everyone laughing. Matts phone started to ring and he looked at it. It was Chief Boden, and Gabby saw it on his screen. She quickly slid out and Matt climbed out. "Excuse me, its Chief," he said walking away clicking the green button. "Hey Chief whats up?" Matt asked standing now outside the deli. "Matt is there a way you can stay a little while longer next shift, maybe even overnight?" Chief asked. "Yeah sure why? Is there something wrong?" "No I just need you here at the firehouse all day tomorrow thats all," Chief answered ending the phone call.

"That was weird," Matt said as he sat back down, taking a sip of his coffee. "Whats weird?" Kelly asked, biting into his bagel. Gabby and Sylvie also stared at him and waited. "Chief wants me at the firehouse all day tomorrow and possibly through the night. Doesn't that sound a bit... odd?" Matt asked looking at them. He then stared at Gabby who placed her hand on his shoulder and she shrugged. "Maybe he just needs you there. I'll even stay if you want me to," Gabby said to him, making him shake his head. "No, I want you to get rest. Im just worried because Chief never asked me that before. I just wanna know whats up," Matt replied biting into his bagel, Gabby rubbing his back.