*Hanging By A Thread*

Matt lifted Gabby up in his arms bridal style and walked quickly into the room and laid Gabby on the couch. Kelly was pacing back and forth on the phone talking to the operators. Matt held Gabby's hand and she squeezed it, her face turning red. "Please don't die on me baby," Matt said bringing her hand to his chest, tears stinging his eyes. "I don't want to lose you," he cried. Her insides for all they knew could've erupted from the blow, or she could be internally bleeding and they didn't know it. "Matt I'm not gonna die, it's okay," Gabby said through her pain, running her hand through Matts hair. Gabby gripped her stomach and she cried, which made Kelly look over and panic. "Send an ambulance over to 7483 Edhardy Lane. This is a firefighter from 51 speaking," Kelly said. "An ambulance is on its way," the operator said and as Kelly hung up the phone, the ambulance pulled up and two paramedics quickly knocked on the door. Kelly ran over and opened the door and the paramedics ran through with the gurney and gently placed Gabby on it. "Her vitals are low, let's get her to Chicago Med," one of the paramedics said, rushing out of the apartment and out the door. Matt grabbed his keys and jacket and looked at Kelly. "You coming?" he asked standing in the doorway. Kelly placed his cellphone back into his pocket and nodded and raced out the door to Matt's truck, hopping in and driving away, trying to keep up with the ambulance.
In the back of the ambulance, one of the paramedic's placed a breathing mask over Gabby's face and re checked her vitals. "Her blood pressure is really low," shouted the paramedic in the back with Gabby to the paramedic driving. "We're 3 minutes out!" shouted back the driver and Gabby suddenly felt the urge to vomit. Gabby quickly took off her mask and the paramedic saw how her face turned green, so he quickly grabbed a pail and Gabby threw up. "Patient is vomiting," he yelled out, holding the pail, holding onto the seat.
Gabby was scared. She didn't know what was happening to her. Even though she was an EMT, she couldn't even tell what was going on with her own body. "I'm good now thanks," Gabby said laying back down, placing her hand on her stomach. It felt swollen, and it was tender to the touch. Gabby put the breathing mask back on her face and then the ambulance came to a complete stop. The paramedic's opened the back and quickly rolled Gabby down the ramp on the gurney, and rushed her into the ER. She looked around to see if Matt was in sight, but he was no where to be seen.

Matt stepped down on the pedal and gripped the steering wheel. Kelly sat next to him in the passenger seat, staring at Matt. "I can't lose her man," Matt said glancing over to Kelly. Kelly nodded his head because he understood. "I know how you feel buddy. When Shay died, I felt like I had no meaning in life, but when Sylvie came to the firehouse, that all changed," Kelly said. Matt looked at Kelly and smirked. "So you do like Sylvie?" Matt asked. Kelly looked at Matt and nodded and smiled. "Yeah, now that I think about it... I kinda do. When she first joined I was a jerk towards her since I was still getting over Shay. But later on, I realized that she was a wonderful woman and when she started to see Cruz, I actually had gotten jealous," Kelly explained to Matt. Matt shook his head and replied back, "Now only if you could tell her what you just told me" Kelly also shook his head and pulled out his cellphone and looked at Sylvie's contact. "I don't know man. I just don't know how," he said, rubbing his finger over Sylvie's photo.