*Close Call*

"Matt!" Gabby screamed as she jogged up to him, Cruz reaching him first. He helped him up and Matt stood bent over, trying to catch his breath. Gabby finally reached his side and placed her hand on his back, bending down and looking at his face. "Baby don't scare me like that ever again. Are you okay?" she asked helping him stand straight up, placing a breathing mask over his face. He hastily took the mask off and put on his gas mask, looking at Gabby. "I'm okay," he replied looking at Cruz who patted his shoulder, both of them running into the building, looking for victims.
Gabby sighed in relief as she walked back over to Sylvie who stood by ambo, putting breathing masks on victims who were able to get out, Gabby helping by taking blood pressures. "Chief, this situation is bad! We're going to need to set up triage. We're also going to need all the help we can get," Matt said over his radio, Gabby hearing it come from the Chief's. "Copy that Casey," Chief replied looking at Gabby and Sylvie. "Start setting up triage and lay out the tarps. Start by going with those who have major injuries to those that just won't die today," Chief ordered making Gabby pull out the tarps and lay them out, her belly getting in the way of her bending over. "Sixty one to main" "Go ahead sixty one" "We're going to need a lot more ambo's" Gabby reported. "Copy that," the dispatcher replied.
"Gabby we have a pregnant woman here with twins, she's unconscious!" Sylvie yelled out making Gabby jog over. They watched as the men carried the woman over and placed her onto the gurney. "Talk to me Kelly," Sylvie said as she masked the woman, checking her vital signs. Kelly looked on as Sylvie worked, fascinated by how calm she was being during a major crisis. "Matt and I walked into a bathroom and she was laying in her bathtub unconscious, but she had a pulse. I'm thinking the toxic reached her through the cracks under her door and she breathed them in," Kelly said covering the woman's body with another towel. Matt looked away as Sylvie removed the top towel, rolling her into the ambo. "Gabby we got to get her to Chicago Med... She's going into v-fib!" Sylvie shouted making Gabby frantically look around for other ambo's to show up. "Sixty one to main where are our ambos?!" "Ambo 77 is two minutes out" "Permission to leave scene? We have a pregnant female going into v-fib" "Affirmative sixty one," the dispatcher replied, Gabby jumping into the back of the ambo, quickly closing the doors as Sylvie hopped into the front seat. Matt and Kelly watched as the ambulance sped away, Sylvie honking the horn, trying to get through traffic.
Gabby sat in the back, shooting morphine into the woman's body, the monitor starting to beep. "Sylvie we need to hurry up! She's going into cardiac arrest! Let Lake Shore know we're coming in hot!" Gabby yelled as she started CPR, trying to keep the woman alive. "Ambo 61 to Lake Shore, we're coming in hot with a pregnant female with twins who's gone into cardiac arrest. Have doctors ready and waiting out front, two minutes out," Sylvie said into her radio, everyone back at the scene hearing everything through the radio. "Brett she doesn't have two minutes!" Gabby yelled, forgetting that she still had her finger on her radio. 
"Step on it!" Gabby yelled as she continued CPR, Sylvie rushing through lanes, swerving around cars, finally reaching the ambo entrance to Lake Shore. Sylvie pulled up to where doctors were patiently waiting, quickly hopping out and opening the back of the ambo, helping Gabby as they rolled the gurney down the ramp and handed the woman to the doctors who rushed her away. "Get her onto a ventilator and push more morphine and continue CPR. It's her battle now," the doctor ordered as a bunch of nurses took over, wheeling the woman into the room, closing the door. Gabby breathed out heavily and Sylvie placed a hand on her back. "Let's go park the ambo and start filling out paper work as we wait," Sylvie said making Gabby nod, closing the back doors of the ambo and hopping into the passenger seat in front, driving away and parking in the parking lot, Gabby's hands trembling.