*The Loss*

"Your blood count is very high. Are you pregnant?" the doctor asked making Sylvie look at Gabby, her eyes big. "No, I mean... Why is something wrong?" Gabby asked staring at the doctor who wrote in his clipboard. "When's the last time you?" the doctor asked looking up at Gabby seeming concerned. "Last night," Gabby replied, making Sylvie smirk. "Ok... So you're stats are showing its high for you to get pregnant so if you don't want to get pregnant, I'd say lay low for a bit," the doctor said checking off a box on his form.
"Am I cleared to be discharged?" Gabby asked. The doctor looked at her and nodded. "Yes Ms. Dawson you are, but you aren't cleared to work since you had a concussion from when your head slammed onto the concrete. You won't be able to work for another two weeks," he said opening the curtain and walking away over to Matts room.
"Wow....." Sylvie mumbled looking at Gabby. Gabby nodded her head and placed her hand on her forehead and she sighed. "Why do things keep happening to me?" Gabby asked, Sylvie shrugged. "I don't know. Bad karma I guess" Gabby looked at Matt as he rose off of his bed and slid his crutches under his arms, wobbling over to Gabby's room holding a slip of paper in his hand. "Hey, what did the doctor tell you?" Matt asked her. Gabby sighed out of aggravation and looked away. Sylvie looked at Matt and raised her eyebrows. "She can't work for two weeks. Also she's quite hormonal right now," Sylvie said making Gabby look at her disgusted. "I am not," she said crossing her arms, glaring at her friend. "Hey Gabby. Better you than me. I can't work for 5 weeks and I have to refrain from..." Matt started to say but looked at Sylvie. "Refrain from what?" they both asked, looking at Matt. "I have to refrain from any physical activity," Matt replied, Sylvie knowing what he meant. "It'd be good if you laid low with that for a bit anyways," Sylvie told him, Matt and Gabby rolling their eyes. "Any news on Mouch?" he asked. Gabby looked up with tears in her eyes. "He's gonna make it... I can't stop thinking about what happened to Otis. I can't believe he's actually gone. I only remember me shouting your name and seeing him flip around like a rag doll," Gabby said hugging her knees. Matt went over to the side of her bed and laid next to her, propping his leg up. Sylvie watched on as he did this and it made her smile. "Babe, why are you so stressed?" Matt asked as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Gabby looked at him and shrugged. "The doctor just told me... I can get pregnant if we're not careful. My blood count is high," Matts eyes went wide when he heard this. "Really?" Gabby nodded and so did Sylvie. "Yep, I can vouch," Sylvie said making Matt chuckle.