*Truth Be Told*

Matt looked Gabby in the eyes and smiled. "Can you meet me in my office?" he asked noticing Herrmann was now outside staring at both of them. Gabby saw this and nodded her head. Matt winked at her and walked away and Gabby watched on as he walked into the firehouse. Gabby walked up to Herrmann with a mad look upon her face. "What's up kid?" Herrmann asked as he took a sip of his coffee looking at Gabby. Gabby threw her hands in the air and sighed. "Matt assigned me some drills to go over, just because I disobeyed Chief's orders," she lied. Herrmann shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Listen Gabby, I know he's your ex and all but he's not doing that just because of what happened earlier. He's doing it to make you a better firefighter," Herrmann said patting Gabby on the shoulder. Herrmann always spoke words of wisdom, and she learned a lot from him. "Thanks Herrmann," she replied walking away, running into Cruz who stopped her short.
"Hey Dawson, do you know why Sylvie's avoiding me?" he asked. Gabby laughed and got nervous. "Cruz, why don't you ask her yourself," she replied patting him on the shoulder and walking inside to Matt's office. When she reached his office she closed the door and rested against it and blew a strand of her hair out of her face. "I just ran into Cruz... It's going to be so awkward around here," Gabby said looking at Matt. "You heard?" he asked crossing his arms. Gabby let out a little chuckle. "Uh yeah hello... Sylvie's my girl, she'd tell me anything" Matt laughed at what Gabby said and stared her in the eyes. "Can we just... Sneak a kiss?" he asked her looking around, making sure no one was watching. Gabby smiled and said, "Looks like my Lieutenant is a big flirt" before kissing him, quickly but passionately.
She quickly pulled away because she heard the locker room door open down the hallway and she quickly sat down on Matts cot, and they both watched as Cruz walked over to Matt's office furious. "Lieutenant can I have a word!?" he asked. Matt looked at Cruz and nodded, making Gabby get up to let Cruz sit down. "I'll talk to you later," she said walking away, feeling on cloud nine.

"I have a problem Lieutenant," Cruz said getting antsy. Matt watched as his friend put his hand on his forehead, looking down in sorrow. He didn't say a word, he just wanted to listen to what Cruz had to say. "Sylvie's not talking to me anymore Lieutenant. Gabby won't tell me what's going on, and since you and Gabby are tight, maybe she's been telling you some things Sylvie's been saying to her," Cruz said looking at Matt.
"Cruz, Gabby and I... We're just friends. Secondly it's none of my business to get into others situations and problems," Matt replied taking a sip of water. Cruz laughed sarcastically and stood up. "Lieutenant, it is your business. You're now apart of this, and I know stuff is being reported back to you by Gabby" Matt stared at Cruz who looked troubled. "Who says Gabby is the only one feeding me information?" Matt asked. Cruz's eyes widened when he heard this. "So you're telling me... There are secrets going around in this house and no one is telling me anything!?" Cruz said raising his voice. Matt noticed his friend was getting angry so he replied back, "Cruz I'm telling you this right now for your own good. Whatever is going on between you and Sylvie... Just wait for her to come to you"