*A Risky Move*

Back at the firehouse Gabby sat on her cot confused. Matt was in Chief Boden's office talking about the incident that happened earlier, and she was afraid that her career was at stake. If it weren't for her, the kids would've died in the fire, and she would've had to live with the fact that she didn't save them... but she did. The smile she saw on the parents faces when they saw that their children were okay, was a moment that she wouldn't have traded for the world. Sylvie walked over to Gabby and sat next to her, putting a hand on her back. "Are you ok?" she asked, trying to comfort her friend. "Not really. Want to eat some ice cream now?" Gabby asked smiling. Sylvie laughed and looked at Gabby. "Girl, I thought you'd never ask," she replied, making them both laugh, and they chatted all the way to the kitchen where everyone was seated in front of the T.V, sad looks on their faces. "I'm reporter Farah Banks here at the scene where the Chicago Fire Department came and fought a huge building fire that killed 86. Here with me is Mr and Mrs. Woods, who's children were saved by a female firefighter. Tell me... How did you feel when you saw all your children walk out through that door?" Banks asked the parents. The dad stood forward and looked at the camera. "We are so blessed that our children were saved in that fire. To the firefighter who saved them.... Thank you. I cannot thank you enough for saving our children," the father said, making a smile spread across Gabby's face. Only if Boden and Matt were here to see this. Boden needed to know that what she did was right, even though she did disobey orders. Everyone clapped when they heard the news, and patted Gabby on the back, telling her good job and well done. "Can I please say something?" Gabby then asked looking at everyone. "Please do!" Sylvie said looking at the guys, asking with her eyes to give Gabby their undivided attention. "First off, it feels great to be a firefighter, even though the decisions we make to save others can cost the life of one our own," she said looking at Herrmann who smiled at her. "I am grateful to work this job, and I'm proud to say... When I heard those kids, I couldn't live with myself if I had let them die, knowing they were still alive. Now, I know I disobeyed Chief's orders, or I could've gotten myself killed. I also do know that my job is now at stake, but isn't it our job to save people, even though we all know that our life could be taken also?" Gabby asked looking at everyone in the room, everyone nodding their head in agreement. Matt and Boden then entered the room, sitting down at the table, all eyes on her. "We all knew when we signed up, it wouldn't always be sunshine and roses. We also knew we couldn't save everybody, but we had to try to," Gabby said staring at Boden who looked back at her, nodding his head in approval. "Chief Boden, even though in your eyes what I did was dishonorable and down right disrespectful, I just want you to know that I followed my heart. I know I could've died... I truly do, but seeing those children reuniting with their parents was a great honor, and knowing I did that makes me feel good about myself," Gabby said tearing up. She looked at Matt who quickly looked away, and she watched as he walked away, rubbing his chin and shaking his head. Gabby walked out into the garage and Sylvie followed her. "What did I do wrong?!" Gabby cried out, Sylvie hugging her. "What you did was the right thing. You saved those kids. Before anyone makes a decision to get rid of you, trust me. I'll be the one to put up a fight to let you stay," Sylvie said assuring Gabby that everything would be alright.