*Exposed*

"Chief what's going on?" Matt asked as he walked into Chief's office, sitting in a chair. Chief Boden looked up from his paperwork and set his pen down. "Chicago union officials are coming here later today. I can't have you leaving at all today. I also don't want you hanging around Gabby today either," Chief said. "Chief, nothing's going on between Gabby and I..." "I'm not in the mood to play games. I've seen you two together myself. Herrmann told me the news," Chief said with a low voice.
"Herrmann didn't even know! How did he find out?" Matt asked shocked. "That is none of my concern but as of right now, when the union officials get here... You and Gabriela are not to be seen talking to each other unless it's work related do I make myself clear?" "Yes sir," Matt said turning around and walking out Chief's door angry. He walked into the kitchen and looked around. Herrmann and Otis were sitting at the table with Gabby and they had papers in front of their faces. "Herrmann how will we pay these bills off?! We don't get paid til next Friday!" Gabby exclaimed sounding stressed, putting her hands in her hair. "Extra shifts I don't know," Herrmann said raising his voice sounding angry. "I have a cousin in Russia who's a billionaire! Maybe we can borrow money from him...." Otis said, Herrmann interrupting. "No borrowing! It's just going to be more of a debt we'll have to pay!" Gabby shook her head and stood up, grabbing her mug. "I'll come up with something. When do we need to have the money by?" Gabby asked walking to the coffee maker, pouring more coffee. "This Wednesday" "Herrmann that's in four days!" Gabby yelled, almost spilling her coffee.
"What's going on?" Matt asked as he sat at the table, folding his hands. Herrmann looked at him and sighed. "We have to come up with five grand by Wednesday or else Molly's, once again, will be a no go," Herrmann said making Otis place his face into his hands. "I obviously see this bar means a lot to the three of you, also Shay. I'll pitch in a grand. I have to work a construction job this Tuesday for a guy who wants a 10 foot salt water pool built in his backyard. Let's just say I'm making good money off of this one," Matt said looking at Herrmann then to Gabby who smiled at him. Otis looked up and placed his hands on the table. "I can only pitch in 500 since my other part time job feels like businessmen don't deserve as much as a carpenter," Otis said. "Construction worker," Matt corrected him, making Herrmann smile. "Alright, so right there we got fifteen hundred. Where is the other money coming from?" Gabby asked as she sat down next to Matt who quickly got up and walked to the other side to the table sitting down. Gabby eyed him and shook her head. "Can I speak to you for a minute?" Matt asked her, getting up out of his chair and walking to the conference room next door.
"Is there something wrong with me?" Gabby asked him crossing her arms. Matt touched her shoulder and ran his hand down her arm. "No, it's just that.." He looked around to make sure no one was watching. "Union officials are coming today to the firehouse and Chief knows we're a thing" "How?" Gabby asked as she uncrossed her arms. "Herrmann" "I never told Herrmann" "I know. Neither did I. It's what I told Chief, but I think that he saw us out," Matt said staring into her eyes. "This sucks," she said as she hugged him. Matt wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. "I know but it's what we have to do at work. I would change the rules if I could. I don't like this having to sneak around stuff and hide behind closed doors. I want the whole world to know you're my girl," Matt said kissing Gabby, holding her close.