Chapter Eight *Blades Are Dangerous*

Gabby sat up in her bed at home and slowly opened her eyes. She was discharged from the hospital last night, and Matt had brought her home and stayed over the night. She turned around and saw Matt laying in the bed, resting his eyes. She slowly got out of bed and she stood up. She smiled when no pain came from her gall bladder, and she took a couple steps towards the bathroom. She didn't feel a thing.
"Matt!" she exclaimed out of excitement. He jumped up and looked at Gabby and smiled. "You're able to walk?" he asked, excited for her. She nodded and walked towards the bathroom. Matt looked at his watch and his eyes got wide. "Awe man, I'm gonna be late for shift," he said quickly getting out of bed, dressing into his work clothes. Gabby stood there and watched as Matt frantically looked for his shirt. "Gabby do you see my work shirt anywhere?" he asked pulling out drawers and looking through them. Gabby laughed and walked into her bathroom and grabbed Matts shirt that was hanging on the shower lining.
"You do remember this is my house right? Not yours," she said waving the shirt in the air catching Matts attention. "Hey give it back," Matt said drawing Gabby close. "You have to do something to get it back," she said raising her eyebrows at him. Matt leaned in and kissed her, it suddenly growing deeper.
"Maybe I should just call into work today," Matt said, Gabby shaking her head. "Oh no you're going," she replied as Matt snatched his shirt out of Gabby's hand, pecking her lips.
"When you come home from work, I got something planned," Gabby said as she watched Matt put on his shirt and slide on his shoes. He then put his jacket on and grabbed his car keys. "What would that be?" he asked as he walked towards the bedroom door. "You'll see," Gabby replied as she walked into the bathroom, Matt leaving.

As soon as Matt got to the firehouse everyone flooded him with questions. "Hey where have you been for the past few shifts lieutenant?" Mills asked as he shook Matt's hand. "Gabby had been in the hospital for a week, so me, Kelly and Sylvie have been taking shifts with watching her. She's at home now though," Matt said aloud, everyone listening. "Are you two back together?" Herrmann asked. Matt laughed and looked at everyone nervously. "Well not..." and then the bells went off. "Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61 Structure Fire 96 Holly Lane," the dispatcher said, making everyone run off. For the first time in forever, Matt was happy to hear that bell.