Chapter 42 *A Reason To Love*

"Hey Chief, can I talk to you for a minute?" Matt asked as he knocked on Chief Bodens door, Chief nodding. Matt stepped into the office and turned on his radio, Chief staring at him. "What is it Casey?" Chief asked crossing his arms, noticing Matt seemed a little fidgety. "Intelligence wants me to go to their district to answer some questions concerning Andy's death and their going to go over autopsy results..." "Say no more. Just make sure your radio's on at all times," Chief interrupted, Matt looking at him. "Thanks Chief," Matt replied, turning around and walking out the office, bumping into Kelly on the way out.
"Where are you headed?" Matt looked at Kelly and sighed. "I'm heading over to Intelligence, seeing what I can do to get this moron locked up for life" Kelly smirked and then patted Matts back before walking away. "Let me know how it goes," he called out over his shoulder, entering Chiefs office.

Matt walked into the district and wandered up to the desk where Trudy Platt sat. "Oh look who's here, Mr. Hot shot! Sorry I didn't lay out a red carpet for yah!" Trudy exclaimed, Matt rolling his eyes. Mouch at the firehouse dated Trudy, and somehow Trudy managed to become the "Mother To All Law Enforcement" because Mouch was a union representative, and she was there when she wasn't working. "I'm here to see Voight," Matt told her, Trudy laughing. "What did you do now boy toy? Steal a certain someone's heart?" Matt looked at her and nodded. "Yeah something like that," he said changing his stance, Trudy buzzing the gate open for Matt to enter.
"Hey baby!" Gabby exclaimed as she ran over to him and gave him a huge hug, Antonio walking over to them and placing a hand on Gabby's back. "Alright sis. I hate to break this up but, we have some revealing to do," Antonio said making Gabby back off of Matt, Matt wishing she didn't have to. "Alright where's Voight?" Matt asked looking around. Antonio pointed towards an office in the corner. "In there, which is where we will be asking the questions," Antonio replied walking into the office, Gabby and Matt following behind him. "Ah how're you doing Casey?" Voight asked putting his hand out for a shake, Matt staring at it. He then slid his hand into Voights and shrugged. "I could be better," he answered, holding Gabby's hand. "Are you still on duty?" Voight asked, Matt nodding.
"Yeah so let's make this quick" Gabby looked at him and noticed his face seemed gloomy. "You okay?" she asked running her fingers on the back of Matts head down his neck. He looked at her and nodded. "I will be," he answered. "Alright I'm going to ask you the questions Gabby couldn't answer," Antonio said pulling out a file, grabbing a pen off of Voights desk. "Ask away," Matt replied, Antonio closing the office door.

"Antonio... Are you being serious?!" Gabby asked harshly as Antonio held the autopsy report he had just read to them both in his hands, Matts eyes staring out of space. "Why would he do that?" Matt asked quietly, Antonio shrugging and hanging his head in sadness. "I don't know, but now at least we have him on murder one," Antonio replied. "Who would flood a newborns system with crack before strangling them to death?!" Matt yelled. "A sick person... Which Gordon is," Antonio replied handing the paperwork back to Voight, Matts whole body trembling. "Once again... I'm so sorry for your loss," Voight told them, Gabby's eyes now full of tears. "How long will he be locked up?" she asked angrily, squeezing Matts hand hard. Antonio looked at Voight and shrugged. "Life?" he suggested, Matt nodding in agreement. "Make him suffer," Matt replied, Voight looking at him with evil flashing in his eyes. "Oh... I will," he told him.
"Probably not a good time to mention this but, do you guys have a time and place you will be holding Andy's memorial?" Antonio asked, Gabby nodding. "At Chaplin's Funeral Home in two weeks," Gabby replied, Matt looking at her and nodding. "This is going to be hard," he told her, Gabby looking at him before kissing him, Matts radio suddenly going off. "Truck 81, Squad 3, forest fire." Matt stood up quickly and shook Antonio and Voights hand before kissing Gabby, looking back at them all. "Oh yeah. Tell Gordon from me, to enjoy burning in the flames of hell" "Trust me Casey... That's where he's going," Voight replied, Matt running off to his car and driving to the scene.