Chapter 10 *Recovery*

"Hey Gabby welcome back," yelled Herrmann running up and giving Gabby a big hug, swinging her back and forth. "Easy Herrmann don't break her," Sylvie said giving Gabby a hug. "Wow Sylvie your stomach's really showing," Gabby said as Kelly walked up and put an arm around Sylie's shoulder as he kissed her head. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Cruz staring at them and he gave a shy wave. Gabby nodded her head at him and kept quiet.
"Did you guys tell?" "Yeah we did. Cruz is, still trying to process the news. I told Chief also. He was happy for us," Kelly said now locking hands with Sylvie.
Gabby smiled at her friends and looked around. "What happened to you?" Mouch asked. Dawson shot Cruz a look and said, "Uh, I think that's something that'll remain a secret. Thanks for being concerned though" she smiled at Mouch. "So Sylvie, did you figure out if it's a boy or girl yet?" Matt asked walking behind them and smiling. Gabby looked at Matt and he winked at her and crossed his arms. "Yes we did. We'll tell everyone next shift and with that... Matt, Gabby. Would you guys like to be the baby's godparents?" Sylvie asked smiling at both of them.
Gabby looked at Matt amazed, him doing the same. "Yes! It would be an honor," Matt replied giving both Kelly and Sylvie a hug.
" Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambo 61, Battalion Chief 25. Gas station fire. 153 on Everest," a dispatcher announced making everyone run to the trucks.
When they pulled to the scene Gabby saw a gas pump on fire. The fire was spreading onto the roof so they had to work fast. Matt hopped out of the truck and ran underneath the roof and hurried people to safety while Kelly quickly ran inside the shop and had everyone evacuated. Gabby looked around quickly and found Sylvie kneeling down on the floor giving CPR to a young teen who laid on the ground lifeless. "Mills grab the stretcher!" screamed Sylvie as she gave chest compressions. Gabby ran over and watched helplessly as Sylvie gave CPR. Mills ran over with the stretcher and all three of them lifted the boy and placed him onto the gurney, rushing him to Chicago Med. Gabby stayed behind and watched as the ambulance sped away, heading towards the main street. She turned around and ran to Herrmann, grabbing an extinguisher out the trucks compartment and ran over to the gas pump that was in flames. She sprayed the foam over it, Matt jogging over to help. Cruz and Otis sprayed the hose on the roof and a lot of pedestrians watched from the distance. Gabby finally got the fire out on the gas pump and she sat on the curb and breathed slowly. The MRSA hadn't cleared 100%, but the medication she was on was going to help kill it. She was feeling the whole side effects now, the dizziness, and the shortness of breath. She placed her face into her hands and she hunched over. Herrmann walked over and placed a hand on her back. "You okay candidate?" Gabby looked up at him and gave a weak smile. "Yeah just feeling dizzy that's all," she replied to him. He patted her back and handed her a water bottle which she drank quickly and walked away. Gabby slowly stood up and walked towards the truck and hopped in.