Chapter Ninety-Six - Be My Escape (SkyEnja)

Hey guys and Happy Easter! X3 Hope you're all having and/or had a good Easter today because idk when this'll be posted. This chapter is SkyEnja and the song is Be My Escape by Relient K (idk if I spelled that right) and was requested by @Athens_Pride Hope you guys enjoy and sorry if this isn't my best quality, I'm at my grandparents house right now for the holiday :P Anyways!!! Enjoy! Baaiiii

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've given up on giving up slowly, I'm blending in so

Mitch ran a hand through his hair, half-heartedly listening to his teacher's lesson on the geography of Finland that he couldn't possibly care less about.

You won't even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate

A familiar dark mass of chocolate-colored hair caught his attention. A couple rows away from him sat the person he'd been obsessing over for the past two semesters: Sky Adams, a freshman who he'd never even spoke to, but totally obsessed over like a crazy stalker weirdo.

This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption

Don't get him wrong, he tried to talk to him on more than one instance- Sky just made him so nervous his mouth felt like it was full of peanut butter that he couldn't ever swallow and he'd just stammer out a incohearant greeting before fleeing with a wild blush on his face that stretched from his ears to his chest.

because I know to live you must give your life away

So, basically, after many humiliating attempts to talk to the flawless-skinned, dark-haired male, he decided just silently fangirling over him every time he spotted him would be enough.

And I've been housing all this doubt and insecurity and

"Dood," his friend Jerome elbowed him in the ribs, earning a small glare from his Canadian friend. Jerome ignored the pointed look and flipped his wrist at the petite brunette Mitch had been staring at with dreamy eyes for the past two minutes. "Why don't you just talk to him? I mean, it's really not that hard. He's a cool dude, he talks to anyone. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? He giggles at you? So what?"

I've been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key

The tops of Mitch's cheeks dyed a rosy red and he tried to hide it by slapping his forehead against his desk. "I can't talk to him, Dood! He just makes me so nervous- it's impossible for me to say anything!"

And I've been dying to get out and that might be the death of me

Jerome rolled his honey-brown eyes and ripped a paper out of his notebook loudly, causing a couple people to look at them before turning their attention back to the teacher. "What are you doing, Jerome?" Mitch asked as his friend crumpled the paper up into a misshapen ball and closed one eye, biting his tongue as he stared at the back of Sky's head. Mitch's eyes widened and he tried to tear the ball out of his friends hand. "Jerome!" He whispered harshly. "Don't you dare!"

And even though, there's no way in knowing where to go, promise I'm going because

Jerome elbowed him in the stomach with his left arm and used his right to hurl the paper ball as hard as he could. It made impact about a second later with a gentleness that didn't match the fierceness he'd thrown it with at all.

I gotta get outta here

Sky jumped slightly before turning at his desk and looking around, obviously confused. His eyes landed on Jerome, who grinned and waved furiously at the skinny-jean clad boy.