Chapter 17

Riley 

Dr. Kyuma’s bright green eyes stared at me with the intensity of a thousand suns. It was full of wondering; wondering what’s going on in my head. She’s trying to figure out why I’m randomly staring off into space. She could wonder if I’m thinking about Luca. 

“Riley...What’s going on in your head right now?” Dr. Kyuma asked. 

“Um...I’m trying to determine your question. Is Luca a friend or a lover?” I said placing my hand on my forehead. “I mean I’m so busy trying to push him away rather than seeing if he really does like me.” I rambled. 

“Well, lets see...” Dr. Kyuma started saying. She reached over to her desk and pulled out a notebook. “What makes him a friend?” She asked clicking her pen repeatedly. 

“He visited me at the nurse’s office when I wasn’t feeling well...But I think he already liked me then; so does that make him a lover?” I asked, feeling myself get more confused. 

You’re a mystery, a mystery I want to solve oh so badly...

First he carries me to the nurse. Could he have seen me before and liked me then? Then he tries to take me to lunch with him. Is that considered a date? I catch him hanging out with Tiberius---ultimate betrayal---but he redeems himself by fighting in my honor...He complemented me in the sweetest way; which caused me to break down. He watched me break down several times, but he still didn’t leave my side. 

He’s sweet. 

He’s kind. 

He’s caring. 

He’s...like my parents. 

It makes it hard to get over them. 

Makes it so hard to move on. 

To finally stop crying, and breaking down. 

But I can tell...

He wants to help...

But how? 

“Now, judging on some of the information that you’ve given me. I would say Luca does like you. He obviously is showing some kind of interest in you.” Dr. Kyuma explained and I felt as if she was repeating what I had just said. 

“I know...but he’s kind. It’s hard to tell if he’s doing things from the bottom of his heart or if he’s doing things because he likes me” I argued and she sighed. 

“Riles, the only advise I can give you is follow your gut and be more open to him. Things will work out” she said looking at her watch now. “Time to go” 

I stood up from the couch smiling. Therapy does feel good, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. All those things are finally out of my system; leaving me feeling fresh and rejuvenated. “Thanks Dr. Kyuma, I’ll see you---I think---tomorrow” I said walking out the room, then closing the door.