~1~ Apart Of The Story

If you have not read my other stories, PLEASE do not read this story first. It will literally be like opening a book in the middle and trying to figure out what's going on. Plus, you're going to miss out on A LOT of magic. Please start the series in the following order:

Embers, Extinguished, Cinders, Inferno, Inferno Part 2, Inferno Part 3, and then come back and join us! We will be waiting ❤️😘

Out of respect for everyone who has read the series all the way through so far, I'm not even doing an overview for this chapter...I'm just jumping right in.

Let's do this guys, and see if we can get to 200 chapters again!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

~*~

Ellie's POV

You know when you're really into a good book or series on TV, and you wish that you were the main character? I used to be that way. I used to imagine I was someone else, and the hard reality of my life was actually the fiction that other people were enjoying.

Not anymore.

I have my leading man, and I'm the leading lady. I now can't imagine being anyone else. I can't imagine living any differently.

I can't imagine another story better than the one I'm in.

"Ellie Jane, if you don't get back in this bed right this second, I'm gonna have to pout," Taylor says, looking completely handsome with his bedhead and bare chest.

"I promised Megan we would go shopping to get her mind off of Izzy."

He sighs as he sticks out his bottom lip.

"You've been on summer break for two weeks, and you've gotten up early every single day. When do we get to canoodle in the mornings like we used to?"

I laugh as I go back over and cuddle into his warm body.

"All ya had to do was ask," I say as I touch the dimple in his chin and bite my bottom lip.

"Eleanor Jane Freeman Preston, will you please canoodle with your husband before you deal with a crisis in this ginormous family?"

"You always go at the top of my list," I whisper as I kiss him deeply and sink into the comfort of him.

This is another chapter of the good book I'm living. It's another season of the good TV show I'm watching.

It's my life

Moment by moment, day by day, year by year. It's the life I didn't get to truly live until I was in my thirties. I continue each day to write the story so deeply into the pages, that the journey will be retold without mistake until the end of time.

Welcome to the new chapter of my story

~*~

Megan and Wes haven't heard from Izzy at all. All we know is that her car got impounded outside of Brooklyn, but that's it. For all we know, she's living on the streets—Or worse.

Megan has been beside herself the last few weeks, and Wes just drinks the days away when he's not on shift.

"We're not ok, Ellie," she says as she looks at her untouched coffee in her hand as we walk the mall, trying to shop her problems away.

"What if Taylor and I went on a little trip—We haven't had one in a while, and we're due for one. We could go to the east coast and see if we can get some sort of a lead on her."