Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Sweet

Phoenix

I stared at Darlene. She's peacefully sleeping at the hospital bed. She is still unconscious. Sobrang putla niya kanina, her cheeks were red, and it looked like someone punched her.

Kung sino man ang gumawa nito sa kaniya sisiguraduhin kong makikita niya ang impyerno. I need her statement and the person who did this to her.

"Can you stop staring at her?" Masama ang tingin ni Darius sa akin.

"Nah," I said.

He has a bruise because of the fight earlier. "You caused this bruise! Fucker."

And, wait me? Siya kaya ang kusang tumulong. I don't need his help, I can handle the fight kahit marami sila. I can beat them all but suddenly he appeared saying he wants to help.

"I don't need your help. You volunteered yourself, that's why you have a bruise." I rolled my eyes. "I can beat them up."

"I didn't volunteer to help you. Darlene wants me to help you so I did. She even wants to go after you and help." He said. "And now because of you she looks like that. Hindi ko na dapat siya iniwan. Tss... I should have just left you with those bastards."

I became silent for a moment. So... she wants to help me? I won't let that happened. Baka nga siya pa ang pag-tripan nila kung sakaling nandoon siya pero nasaktan pa rin siya.

Habulin kasi yata 'to nang away. Tulad noong nasa plaza siya, she beat someone and I heard one of them is comatose... but that's their fault.

It was Rico's fault. Yeah, I know them. I'm the one who beat their Gang kaya hindi na ako magtataka kung hanapin nila kung nasaan ako.

Wait, what if they knew about Darlene? Paano kung alam nilang nakakasama namin ang babaeng 'to. Palagi namin kasama si Darlene saan man kami pumunta kaya hindi malabong nakikita nila si Darlene sa amin just like when we were in food park! Someone watching us, at pati si Darlene ay naramdaman 'yon.

But wait... I knew it! Rico and his gang did this! I'm not sure yet but I know they did this!

At kung sila man talaga, I'll make sure Rico and his Gang can never walk. Hindi pa rin talaga sila makuntento sa bantang ginagawa ko.

I picked up my phone and texted Trevor. He needs to make sure that Rico was the one who did it.

To: Trevor.
Trevor, I need you to do something.

He replied quickly.

From: Trevor.
What is it?

To: Trevor.
It's about Miranda. She's in hospital but she's fine. Anyway, investigate Rico and his gang. May kutob akong sila ang nasa likod ng pangyayaring 'to. Take Harris, Harvey, and Finn with you. Finn knows their hideout.

I turned off my phone and looked at Darius.

"If kuya found out about this. They are all dead." Darius said. "Ayaw pa naman niyang nasasaktan si Lin."

"Lin?" I heard that name somewhere.

"Lin ang tawag sa kaniya ni Kuya madalas. Ako na ang mag-eexplain kay Kuya, hindi malabong malaman niya ang tungkol rito."

Knowing Drake, he can do what he wants. Just like when Darius friends attacked. Drake gave them a punishment. Wala na akong pakialam kung anong parusa 'yon, bahala sila.

"I need to go outside." I stood up.

"What? You gonna leave her? Bantayan mo ang kapatid ko, Velasquez."