Found You

"Uh, it says here they also want popcorn and Doritos." Spinel read off the list as Hitoshi put them into the cart. It was both a blessing and a curse that the day went along as smoothly as it did. She had called Dabi that morning and explained that she still had no plan. But on the upside Dabi had quit the league of villains. So that's cool. She was on edge during the whole school day since she was expecting her parents to barge in at the front gates screaming bloody murder armed with legal papers and a pitchfork. Not the metaphorical kind.

"Kitty cat? Hey?" Hitoshi called her a few times to catch her attention.

"W-what? Yes, Periwinkle?"

Hitoshi furrowed his brow in a slight frown. "You have been out of it all day. Are you sure you are ok? If you aren't feeling all that great, we could always go back to the dorms and I can finish the shopping later." He knew that there must have been something off. He hadn't seen her this anxious in a long time. "If you need someone to talk to, you know I'm here for you right?"

Spinel smiled softly; her heart tickled with warm fuzz. "Thank you, Hitoshi." The pair continued the mundane task chattering with one another about little things. It was pleasantly domestic, and the pair were more than happy with that.

----------

Dabi did not spend the night back at their apartment but instead opted to stay at a motel for the night. He didn't trust that Handy Mchands would just let him go. Dabi knew that Shigaraki was not that kind of person. The league didn't know where he lived, and he would like to keep it that way. He refused to 'bring home' work as he liked to call it. His home and work life were two things he wanted to keep as separate as possible. Since he took Spinel in, he had learned that no matter how shitty life is, it's best not to stay engrossed in hate and revenge. There were other things, other people who were more important. He now had something to protect but also something to lose.

Dabi stretched as he got ready to check out of the motel. 'Kore wa warui hoterudesu' (A/N: Remember this place?) wasn't too bad of a place to stay to be honest. It was surprisingly clean compared to what he had expected considering the outside of the building. He heard a low growling. Dabi prepared to attack once he heard the sound accompanied by chatter. It wasn't him being paranoid, no he was certain this was the first wave of pawns Shigaraki had sent to either capture or kill him. "I think today is a slow roast kind of day."

---------

Spinel and Hitoshi slowly made their way back to the dorms, two bags of snacks split between them. It was a nice leisurely pace. There was no rush to get anywhere, assuming it didn't rain that is. The clouds in the sky seemed to promise rain but there were a few rays of sun that were shining through. Spinel was about to say something before something caught her eye. Or rather someone. Spinel grabbed hold of Hitoshi's hoodie sleeve gently and steered them in the totally opposite direction.

"Are you ok, Kitty cat?" He asked, concerned at her sudden change in demeanor.

Spinel nodded before she gave him the other bag full of snacks. "Go back to the dorms, right now." She hissed frantic and begged with her eyes. She didn't have time for him to question her.

"Quartz. I know it's you."

Spinel let go of Hitoshi with a nervous smile. She took a step away from her purple haired friend. "Hello. Mother, Father."

An intimidatingly tall man with inky brown eyes looked down on the pair. His black hair was slicked back and held in place. Not a single thing on this man was out of place, from his straight nose to his black dress pants to his maroon tie. "Do you know this boy?"

Beside him was a shorter woman who looked considerably more like Spinel apart from her chocolate brown hair and cold green eyes. Though she was shorter than her companion she was no less intimidating. There was this faux pleasant expression on her face that had Hitoshi on edge.