High Quality Trash

Dabi and Spinel groaned as they reoriented themselves. Of course, the closest hero just had to be Endeavor. Dabi was livid and rightfully so, however through his anger he wasn't stupid. He knew that if they confronted him right then and there, the chances of them dying were considerably higher than being captured. Dabi felt a quick tug on his arm.

"Let's go!" Spinel hissed.

Without missing a beat, the pair ran through the back alleys knowing they needed to get to an open area, in the alleys Endeavor could just make a big enough fireball to cover the entire path behind them. After that, it would just be a matter of time till they couldn't keep up their pace.

Spinel's breath came in small spurts, hot and nervous but there was something else there. Something that made her feel alive. The best part of her missions is when admittedly, danger reached its peak. In that moment, her fear bubbled into excitement as she grinned like a madman, cackling as she ran.

"Get back here villains!" Behind them they could hear Endeavor's bellowing as he threw fireball after fireball.

Spinel's breath hitched as she heard those words, Villain? Do I fall under that category?

Dabi had to keep blasting equally strong attacks just to stop Endeavor's fireballs mid pursuit. His hands were smoking after every shot, the force of the explosions behind them pushed the pair to sprint faster.

They finally made it out of the alley and onto the busy streets, they weaved dangerously in and out of traffic, half blinded by the sheer amount of people. Their adrenaline was pumping, hands curled into fists, swinging them forward as if it would make them run faster.

"You can't escape villain scum; you are just pieces of trash that should be put in their place." Despite now being in an open space with civilians, Endeavor paid no mind as he flung his fire continuing his onslaught of attacks.

Spinel, still cackling, cried "We may be trash, but we are high quality trash!" she dodged an attack "Premium trash! Grade A trash!"

Dabi looked at her like she was crazy.

Spinel's breaths became erratic as she yelled and ran at the same time "The kinda trash your mum would look at and say, 'Should this be in recycling?'" She huffed "Yeah bitch, we are that kinda trash!" At this point Spinel wasn't exactly sure where her retort was originally going but it was too late to change it now.

Soot smeared on both Dabi and Spinel's faces as the pair threw themselves forward with greater abandon. The fire shots were getting a little too close for comfort. Dabi couldn't just keep cancelling out the flames, and the other heroes would be arriving at the scene too. His lungs and heart were pumping, the air didn't seem to be enough as he found what he was looking for. He felt the smoke bomb he had put into his jacket pocket from when Spinel borrowed it.

He threw the bomb at the ground and grabbed Spinel just as a cloud of smog hid them from view. He rounded a corner into another alleyway, this one splitting off in different directions. They took the left path which brought them to a familiar street. The only sound that could be heard was the echoing of their footsteps and the distant outrage from Endeavor. They all but threw themselves into their apartment then slammed the door locked behind them.

"That was-" Spinel wheezed "That was fun" she laughed as the adrenaline and panic wore off.

"Fun my ass" Dabi replied, panting just as hard. "At least they didn't send someone who could actually effectively chase us down."

"That would have been a nightmare." Spinel huffed.

Dabi nodded in agreement as he grabbed two glasses of water and passed one to her. "I bet we made it on the news"