Maybe It's Fate

It wasn't long before the provisional license exam was upon them. Since Shinsou had started avoiding her she didn't really have anyone to hang out with. Spinel didn't really have the courage to go back to Mei-Mei. On occasion she would go talk to Shouto, honestly Spinel was just glad that even though he knew, he wasn't making too big a deal about it nor was he treating her differently. On the outside anyway. Spinel's lunches were spent on her phone or sleeping somewhere away from people.

"Everyone, we have arrived." Aizawa-sensei called and from the front of the bus.

Spinel was the last to get out, she took her sweet time collecting all her stuff then exiting. The test was a big deal and she needed to focus. Once she stepped out of the bus, she thankfully just missed Inasa from Shiketsu High- if she heard correctly. He was a bit too enthusiastic for Spinel to tolerate right now.

"Eraser?! It's you!" A chipper woman called out as she eagerly walked over with a wave, from her attire she was a pro hero. Her outfit consisted of a sleeveless navy-blue shirt with a high collar, puffed up shorts with a green and orange pinstripe design adorned with smiley faces. Her green hair was covered by her orange bandanna.

Looks like different types of green are popular hair color choices. Spinel could have sworn she saw Aizawa tense up and shudder. The smile hero: Ms. Joke. She seems nice, Spinel mused internally.

"Let's get married."

"No"

She huffed then giggled. "No? Good joke, Eraser. With me we can have a family of non-stop happiness and laughter."

Aizawa groaned, "Sounds awful. Besides, you came to my wedding years ago as a guest. You know I'm already married."

At that moment the class had one collective thought. Aizawa-sensei is married?! To who?!

"Come on over guys! It's UA." Ms. Joke didn't just come for a pleasure trip. She came as a pro hero and teacher of Ketsubutsu Academy.

Spinel would be lying if she said she didn't consider that school once upon a time. it was relatively close to where she used to live back then.

"Woahhhh! It's the real deal, huh."

This time it was Spinel's turn to freeze up. She had heard that voice before and she remembered it. She had spent an awful lot of time with the owner after all. Shindou Yo.

He dashed over with an affable smile on his face and took Izuku's hands. "My name is Shindou Yo. Please call me Shindou. You guys must have had it tough. You know, with the villain attacks and stuff." He quickly rushed over to grab Kaminari's hands. "But you all still want to be heroes. How admirable to have a strong heart!" Shindou went over to grasp Spinel's hands in his own, before he could say anything the pair froze.

Spinel looked him over. He had grown considerably taller since she last saw him, but his unruly dark brown, almost black hair seemed to be exactly the same. Just like when they were younger there was usually a smile on his face which could easily be read as either sinister or sweet. To be blunt, he was the charming pretty boy type who was secretly evil and out to get your blood.

It had been almost two years since they had spoken. Spinel and Shindou used to be neighbors and he was the only person she told everything to, her treasured 'Yoyie'. However there was only one thing she didn't tell him about. She didn't tell him she planned on running away. She knew he would try to stop her and only reconfirm how bad an idea it was. So instead Spinel had left a letter for him to find once she left.

His chocolate brown eyes carefully scrutinized the girl in front of him. He was certain he had seen her before. He had never met anyone with her combination of hair color and piercings but why did she seem so familiar. Maybe her eyes? He was about to let go when he saw the bag strap on her shoulders. Faded as it was, there was a small shoddily drawn stickman on it. He could never forget that bag, it belonged to his precious gemstone. "Pebble?" He murmured so only the pair could hear it.