The Other Todoroki

"YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! THAT WAS THE END OF THE SECOND EVENT! LET'S SEE THE RESULTS!"

Midnight cracked her whip and the results came up on the screen.

First: Team Todoroki!

Second: Team Asher!

Third: Team Bakugo!

Forth: Team Shinsou!

Fifth: Team Midoriya!

"THOSE ARE THE TOP FIVE GROUPS GOING INTO THE THIRD ROUND, YEAHHHHH!" Present Mic activated his quirk on the last word even more pumped than last time -if that was even possible. "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE RESULTS?"

Aizawa's deadpan reaction was comical next to the pure energy and enthusiasm radiating off Present Mic. "If I'm being honest, I am surprised a group of two people made it into the final round, even achieving second place. Everyone was so focused on the other big names that they completely overlooked the rest of the competitors allowing some unexpected teams to rank." Aizawa felt an inkling of pride as he saw all the members of the troublesome trio had made it into the third round.

"That's what it feels like to be a proud parent" Present Mic whispered in Aizawa's ear, a shit-eating grin on his face.

Aizawa grumbled and hid part of his face in his scarf. "Shut up, Hizashi."

"Aww, Shou you know you love it."

-------------

"Mei-Mei! Periwinkle!" Spinel called as she bounded towards them. There was a scheduled lunch break after the cavalry battle, so everyone had a chance to recuperate and fill their stomachs.

"I can't believe you made it to second place with only one other teammate." Shinsou huffed, mildly impressed.

"It-it was a trying time"

"Why don't we go pester Aizawa-sensei?" Mei linked arms with Spinel and Shinsou. "Onwards!" She cried as she pulled the pair to the commentary booth.

Spinel kept pace but then suddenly stopped when she heard one very distinct voice and a wave of heat. "Um, Mei-Mei I need to do something really quick then I'll be back. I'll meet the two of you at the booth." Spinel escaped from Mei's grasp and quickly rounded the corner almost running into Izuku.

"Izuku!" Spinel squeaked coming to a stop. She debated on if it was the best time to ask about All Might and tell him what she had seen on the roof that day. She might not get a chance like this again. "Uh." Last minute she changed her mind remembering she had more pressing matters to address. "Have you seen Todoroki?"

Izuku looked taken aback by her question before he nodded "Oh, yeah. I was talking to him a little while back down the hall." He pointed behind him. "Why?"

"Kay thanks bye!" Spinel dashed away and left Izuku without an answer. She looked around the corner cursing her luck as she couldn't find him. Where is he?! Spinel continued running around the hallways before she finally found who she was looking for.

She looked at Todoroki's tense form as he glared at the floor. She was too late. Earlier that day Dabi had asked her to look out for his brother and try keep him away from Endeavor during the intervals. That was all she had to do.

She failed.

"Todoroki?" She called uncertain of his reaction. He made no move to reply, he didn't even acknowledge her presence. "Shouto?" She carefully inched her way closer and kept her movements smooth.