Number One Fan

"So, do you have anything planned or we just winging it?"

Shinsou pursed his lips quickly trying to think of something to do. He came up blank. "Uh. Not really", he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Never really had to do anything like this before"

"That's alright, neither have I" She started to walk away in some random direction. When Spinel noticed he wasn't following she beckoned him to walk next to her. "You coming or nah?"

They started walking together, the first few steps in silence. Shinsou decided to break the ice. "Do you like cats?"

Spinel raised an eyebrow and looked up at him. "Periwinkle. I literally gave you a cat keychain. You tell me."

"You don't. You hate them with all your heart and soul" Shinsou deadpanned sarcastically.

Spinel looked at him with mock horror "How dare you spout such blasphemy." Spinel spotted what she was looking for "Oh! I found it" She gently took Shinsou's right hand and half dragged him to what seemed like a little outdoor take out snack shop ."Last time I visited this park I wanted to try these; I didn't have any money at the time though" Spinel walked the pair to the window to order.

Shinsou was startled as Spinel grasped his hand. He wasn't used to touch and was almost tempted to pull his hand away. Before he could do so however, she quickened her pace and led him towards her destination. She released Shinsou's hand as she started to order. He looked at the hand she let go of, bewildered at the tingly warmth that lingered on it.

"Yeah, the profiteroles, one batch please." Spinel paid for her food, clearly excited. "Have you tried these before?" She held up the snacks to show him.

They looked like little puff balls cut in half and filled with cream. She had a fair amount of them in a paper cone, the chocolate drizzle slipping down the inside. "I'm not really a fan of sweets"

Spinel pouted but kept the cone out facing him. "Just one? Pretty please? For me?" She looked so heartbroken over the desert that Shinsou wasn't sure if it was cute or just sad.

"Fine. Just one." he grumbled, he took one from the cone, it was small enough to be eaten in one bite. "Oh, it's cold" He was pleasantly surprised before he popped it in his mouth. It wasn't too bad. It wasn't as sweet as he thought it would be. He reached for another one and ate that too.

"Oh~? I thought you only wanted one" Spinel teased with a shit-eating grin plastered on her face. She took one puff of her own then began to walk.

This time Shinsou followed, keeping pace next to her. He looked away, his face red from her teasing. "They were tasty." He mumbled, still not facing her. "They weren't as sweet as I thought they would be"

"Do you want more?" she offered the cone again. "There are plenty, see?" What she didn't tell Shinsou was that she bought a bigger sized cone in the hopes that he would like them, and they could share. But he didn't need to know about her trivial ulterior motives.

He reluctantly took another one, making sure to choose one without the chocolate sauce. He tossed it in the air then caught it in his mouth. He did it again. And again. By the third time he noticed Spinel staring. "What is it?"

"O-oh nothing, I was just surprised you could do that I guess." She shrugged, playing it off.

"You should try"

"No thanks." She answered a little too quickly.

"Oh? Are you scared you'll miss?" He taunted playfully

"No! Well yes, but that's not the point here."

"Oh? If it isn't then what is?" Shinsou continued with a cocky smirk "And here I thought you'd be up to the challenge. But I guess not."

Being a Hero is just a Side Job (Shinsou x OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara