Ten Million Points

The results so far did surprise Spinel if she was to be completely honest. She expected Iida to be a little closer to the top but most of all, she didn't expect Izuku to have a comeback victory and steal first. Whatever crazy idea he pulled out of his ass worked.

After a little time had passed more students began quickly filing in, Shinsou being one of them. "You made it!" Spinel squealed and jumped towards him for a hug.

Shinsou sidestepped the hug "Nope. I don't want glitter all over me."

Spinel pouted puffing up a cheek "Fine fine" She looked at the electronic scoreboard, she was fourth, Shinsou was twenty-seventh and Mei was nowhere to be seen. Spinel started to feel a little nervous since she remembered seeing Mei in front of her at one point. Not a second too soon Mei zoomed past the line making forty-one and a very sick looking Aoyama bringing up the rear with forty-two. "Took you long enough."

Mei practically dashed over to the pair as she spotted them. "I needed to show off my babies! The sponsors need to know how brilliant they are!" Mei paused and looked over at Spinel. "What happened to you?"

Spinel had glitter everywhere. Her shirt and hair being the worst, her pants weren't too bad, but she still had some flecks of the shiny stuff. Her gym uniform top looked unsavable, much to her dismay and the glitter in her hair didn't seem to have any plans to come off no matter how hard she shook her hair. At the very least she was grateful that she had the bare minimum on her hands and face. "I look like I got glitter bombed."

"I mean. You did."

She gave Shinsou a pointed look. "I resent that statement" Spinel shook her hair and arms in vain trying to pat herself down. As Midnight called attention, Spinel took the opportunity and dragged her side all over Shinsou's arm and wiped off her hands, on Mei's shoulder. "Now, you can be fucking fabulous too."

"ALL RIGHT! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE ALL FORTY-TWO COMPETITORS! LET'S START THE NEXT ROUND"

"The first stage is over! Now let's look over the results!" The screen went through the top forty-two, each number accompanied by a picture of the student.

"Periwinkle."

"Hm?"

"Why does your photo have more of your back showing and like half your face?" Spinel furrowed her eyebrows resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of her nose. It wasn't that he looked bad or anything, but that patronizing smile in the photo. Where was that photo even from?

Shinsou was silent as he examined the photo, he replied with a shrug.

Midnight spun the wheel once more, it landed on the cavalry battle. To be honest Spinel had no idea what the fuck that was, so this time she did decide to listen to the rules. She didn't wanna make it to the second round only to be disqualified due to a technical mishap.

"You will make teams of two to four people. In other words, it's pretty much the same thing as a normal cavalry game with the top five groups making it to the next round." Midnight continued.

Spinel groaned. Of course, she would explain it like that. Spinel stealthily took out her phone and looked up a guide on how to play as she still continued to listen to Midnight.

"The only thing that's different is that everyone will be assigned a point value which correlates to where you placed in the first race." She licked her lips as she cracked her whip again. The screen started showing each person's worth and their placement.

Oi. What the fuck is that. Spinel's eyes widened at the number then she looked over to Izuku. "My condolences."

"First place gets...ten million points!"