Being a Hero Sounds like Fun

"Munchkin!" Dabi exclaimed, hugging his sister tightly. "Do you know how frightened you made me?! You know what would have happened if I didn't take that alley? If I didn't make it there on time?"

Spinel returned the hug and looked down ashamed. "I would have died." she mumbled.

"Why didn't you have any gear? The mission even said, 'do NOT engage'. What happened to that?" Dabi rambled on as his hug became tighter. "I couldn't save my biological family, so don't make me live with the guilt of not being able to protect my new family too."

"I'm sorry, I didn't have any gear because I couldn't really afford too much. Besides I didn't plan on fighting. I was about to leave but apparently the big boss guy had a quirk to tell if something was legit or not. Naturally, he got angry that it wasn't the real thing." Spinel freed herself from Dabi's bone crushing hug and gasped for air "We had a scuffle, and everything was going all good till his bear bodyguard showed up." She paused then her eyes widened as if realizing something. "She called me a hero."

"What? Who?"

"That one girlie I saved. I pushed her away and ended up with these scratches" Spinel gestured to her injured side. Wait. It doesn't hurt? Spinel gripped at her side feeling for wounds. When she didn't find them, she turned to Dabi in shock. "I got hurt right? It wasn't just a dream? How? Where? Huh?" Spinel's head was swirling as the memories jumbled further.

"I called your healing friend."

"Oh. That makes sense."

"You were out for two days." Dabi sighed as he carried her out of her room.

Spinel squirmed as he carried her to the next room. "I can walk! Put me downnnn" She protested.

Dabi, undeterred, carried her with ease and plopped her down on the couch. He handed her a bowl of warm soup and a glass of water. "Eat."

Spinel did as she was told without complaint, she would never turn down perfectly good food especially considering her quirk's side effect. She took out her phone and called Giran "Hey, I finished the mission. Just so you know."

"Of course, I know! You were out for two days! Didn't I tell you to be careful? Why didn't you bring Dabi?" Giran lectured through the phone.

"He had a job" she whined.

"I don't even know if I should congratulate you on the mission or not. Do you know how horribly it could have turned out, little miss?!" Giran pinched the bridge of his nose despite knowing that Spinel couldn't see. This little miss is going to drive me crazy one day, I just know it. "When I heard the news, I was so worried. What would have happened if you died there? I would have sent you to your death!"

"Yes, I'm sorry. Dabi already gave me the whole lecture." Spinel finished her soup and downed the water.

"Good. I have a feeling that has more effect than me lecturing you."

"So, um. What happens now? I've already finished all one hundred missions" She shifted uncomfortably, Spinel never really got used to people being upset over her compared to being upset at her.

Giran sighed internally at the sudden change in topic. "Well, now, if you wanna do any more jobs you will get paid. You won't be obligated to do jobs either. Ah, but for completing all your jobs and not dying I do have a gift for you. Mitzi suggested it because obviously you have no idea how to use that switchblade of yours. Why do you even bring it if you don't use it?"

Spinel was silent. "There was an attempt" she lied.

"Whatever you say. Anyway, meet me at Nat's place in three hours. Bring Dabi."