Who Said Glitter Isn't Trendy?

"HEY HEY HEY! WELCOME TO THE UA ANNUAL SPORTS FESTIVAL!" Present Mic's voice was amplified through the crowd, cheering and whooping erupted in chorus. "I'M YOUR HOST PRESENT MIC AND I'M HERE WITH 1-A'S HOMEROOM TEACHER AIZAWA SHOUTA!"

"I'd rather be asleep."

God, what a mood. Spinel thought. During the past two weeks of training with Eraserhead she had gotten faster and more creative. She didn't really have any basics to work from since all her fighting experience came from a combination of thugs and Dabi. Mei would often come by with a plethora of babies and a crazy amount of coffee mixed with energy drinks. It was safe to say after two weeks, Shinsou, Spinel and Mei became trio trouble 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Unfortunately, that didn't leave her much time to talk to Todoroki and she felt like she was slacking a little with her friendship assault. She promised herself that after the sports festival she would come at him harder than ever. He looked like he needed a friend. Well, he didn't really, but she wanted to be his friend, so close enough. Spinel rubbed her temples and closed her eyes as she remembered what happened in the waiting room. What is it with guys declaring war on each other? This time it was Todoroki proclaiming he would beat Izuku. She would never understand.

"LET'S GIVE A ROAR TO THE CLASS THAT SURVIVED A VILLAIN ATTACK AND CAME OUT ON TOP, IT'S THE DARING CLASS 1-A!"

Class 1-A proudly marched in, a few of them even waving. The crowds were a flood of people, joyful faces and fanfare as the music swelled welcoming the students into the stadium. The cheers and hollering erupted from all sides. Let's hope we live up to the hype.

Midnight stood on a stage in front of a massive screen once all the classes were assembled. She snapped her leather flogger in the air, the crack silencing the crowd. No matter how many times she saw her hero costume she never got over the design. Spinel knew she was an 18+ hero but like, must it be so inconvenient to have to rip up costume every time she wanted to use her quirk? There were other things to address but Spinel decided to ignore those points. She was not of proper age to be privy of such thoughts.

"Before we start, we have the athlete's oath by our top-ranking student, Bakugo Katsuki!"

Bakugo slowly made his way to the stage, his hands were in his pockets as he made his address. Spinel felt a shiver go through her. No, the shudder went through the whole class. "I just wanna say. I'm going to win." Of course, Bakugo would say something like that. There was a brief silence as he walked off the stage. Not a beat later all the other students started booing and dirty looks were exchanged to the class.

Another crack of the whip had everyone silent again. "Time to find out what the first challenge is!" Midnight pulled a comically oversized lever and the screen showed what the challenge was.

"THE OBSTACLE COURSE IS THE FIRST EVENT! ARE YOU READYYYYYYYYY?!" Present Mic practically screamed into the mic hyping up the crowd even more. In the background Aizawa sighed as he dodged Present Mic's exaggerated gestures.

Spinel made her way next to Shinsou to see how he was doing as the rules were being explained. "Psst" He looked toward her; this time more determined than deadpanned. He seems to be pretty ok. Spinel thought, proud of her friend. "Good luck."

Just as she was about to go to line up and get ready for the first obstacle Mei pounced on the pair with a mischievous grin on her face, one arm around Spinel's neck and the other around Shinsou's. She swiftly took out a small stamp from nowhere and stamped under Spinel's left eye and on Shinsou's right cheek. "Don't lose. You are representing us now." She cackled stamping under her right eye. The stamp design was a three-leaf clover with each leaf the color of their hair. Purple, green and pink. "Let's rock this sorbet shop!"