Bright Red Irises

Spinel sighed. It was a new day. She pulled herself out of bed and made her way to school. Dabi had already left earlier and left her a note with a shitty joke on it. She smiled and made her way to school.

-----IN CLASS------

Spinel wasn't the first one in class which was odd. "Oh Todoroki!" Spinel placed her bag down under her desk and pulled up a chair next to Todoroki. "So, you wanna hear something new?"

This time, Todoroki actually responded. "Sure"

Spinel grinned broadly. She could use the joke that Dabi gave her. "What do you call an old snowman?" Silence. "Water!" She gauged his reaction, finding something unusual. Recognition flashed in his eyes for a second.

Todoroki froze when he heard the start of that joke. That was the only joke Touya would say, nothing else. Todoroki didn't know what to think. This girl he barely knew – who kept pestering him to be her friend - shared an unsettling number of traits and mannerisms as his deceased brother. Though recently he had mulled the idea over that his brother wasn't dead. But if he wasn't dead then how? What was he doing now? What was his relationship to his classmate? Or maybe it was the world's way of messing with him even more. She didn't look like any of his family members either, barring the white in her hair. Not even her quirk was similar.

"Are you my brother's secret love child?" He blurted out, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Um, excuse me what?" Spinel asked flabbergasted. "Um. Do I look like him?" Spinel was trying to buy for time so she could think of an answer. Does she say yes? No, wait that'd be stupid. What is there to say? That she is his unofficial official sister? Or does she just tell him she has no idea what he is talking about?

Todoroki narrowed his eyes at her scrutinizing every little detail. There honestly wasn't much that possibly connected them physically, except their build. But anyone could have that. "You just seem so much like him."

Spinel was about to open her mouth to speak when Aizawa-sensei walked into the room.

Aizawa looked dead tired as he addressed us. "Settle down class. Today we have something very important planned." The tension in the room skyrocketed. What could it be? "Today you are choosing a class representative."

That's so normal! They all thought in unison silently grateful for the ordinary activity.

"Just do whatever. Wake me when you are done" Aizawa-sensei retreated back to his sleeping bag relaxing in the corner.

Iida proposed a vote.

"But won't people vote for themselves?" someone piped up "And we don't know each other that well yet either"

Iida moved his arms chopping the air "That's why the person with the most votes is suited to be the class representative."

Despite what she thought of Iida and what he thought of her, Spinel would support Iida if he wanted to be class rep. But where would the fun in that be? He was going to win anyway. Spinel took a slip of paper and wrote a name on it, smirking. She dropped it in the box before she went back to her seat.

It didn't take long for the voting to end. Iida started to write the names on the board to count the votes before he reached the last name. "Lucas? Who is Lucas?" Iida looked around the classroom and at his fellow classmates, a few of them snickering. Iida the poor thing was trying to find out who did it and who could possibly be Lucas. He decided to dismiss it then announced the results. "Our class representative is Midoriya and our vice representative is Yaoyorozu.

Spinel was confused, Iida didn't win. He was so perfect for the job that even Spinel had to admit. Midoriya and Momo stood in front of the class. Momo looked as composed as ever while Midoriya was a bright red mess. "Thank you for this opportunity we will fulfill our duty to the best of our ability" Momo bowed a little.