All Talk

Once Inasa had left the area, Spinel moved over to a different part of the city to see if there were any more opponents she could find there.

"I'M SURE YOU ARE ALL WONDERING WHY I HAVE GATHERED YOU HERE TODAY!"

Spinel turned her head to the top of a midsized building where the voice was coming from. "Why do I keep running into them?" She groaned exasperated. The owner of the voice -as far as Spinel could see- had blond tipped black hair and just slightly tan skin. The girl was too far for Spinel to see her eye color, but she could see that she had a speaker around her neck, it wasn't like Banshee where it covered the entire bottom half of her face, rather it was more like Present Mic's speakers. Probably a voice quirk. But the most pressing matter was the hat that sat upon the unknown girl's head, she was from Shiketsu. If she was anything like Inasa, she would be crazy strong.

"MY AMAZINGNESS HAS BROUGHT US ALL TOGETHER! ALL OF YOU HERE ARE TO WITNESS MY GREATNESS. IT IS I, RANT: THE CHATTERBOX HERO." Rant shouted from the roof as she activated her quirk.

Spinel wasn't sure about the specifics, but it was a voice quirk of some kind. Though for some reason Spinel was getting some serious Monoma vibes from this girl.

Most of Rant's opponents fell to the floor either knocked out or stunned. She jumped down from the roof, her landing a little less than desirable but it was a solid stop, nonetheless. "So, here's the thing. life is hard for people who are not like me. That's why you are on the ground and not standing up with me." Rant began to walk around inspecting the downed students around her. "But I am benevolent, like the Nile river. That's why your ears are not bleeding." Someone around her attempted to stand. "STAY DOWN" Rant activated her quirk and forced the unlucky person to the ground once more. "As I was saying." Rant took out one of her orange balls and began to tap the targets of the examinees around her. She got to talk and earn points, what could be better?

Spinel took advantage of Rant's monologuing and took out a ball of her own and started hitting the targets of the downed examinees. Was it a low strategy? Yes. But did it guarantee a win? Yes. Spinel wasn't going to pass this opportunity up. Why work harder when you can work smarter? There are plenty of other people who would do the same.

"You there!" Rant turned and spotted Spinel just before she was able to get her last two targets. "I WASN'T DONE WITH MY SPEECH YET." Rant's quirk activated and sent Spinel skidding a few steps back. "WAIT A MINUTE. ARE YOU TAKING MY KILLS?!" She gasped, quirk still activated and pushing Spinel back.

Kills? They aren't dead though? Spinel didn't bother to voice her thoughts out loud as her opponent was already much louder than she could ever be. Spinel hissed as she covered her ears and slammed back into a wall.

In the second that Rant stopped to take a breath, Spinel took out her yoyos and prepared for a fight. Rant began to open her mouth to talk once more. In the nick of time she threw her yoyos at a loose street sign and yanked it as hard as she could. The sign was freed from it's place and swung towards Rant's head.

Rant squeaked as she dived away from the sign. Spinel took the opportunity to run towards Rant and throw her other yoyo at her. It looped around her leg just as Rant once more activated her quirk. "DON'T JUST THROW THINGS LIKE THAT AT PEOPLE! WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF IT HIT ME? I WOULD HAVE BEEN KNOCKED OUT. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PASS LIKE THA-?"

Once her quirk hit, Spinel she was pushed back and the string attached to the yoyo was tugged which caused Rant to fall to the floor as her foot was pulled out from under her. Spinel released both yoyos and turned into a blob to try and devour Rant. The Shiketsu student rolled away to the right barely avoiding Spinel's mouth. As soon as she felt the concrete Spinel switched forms and tried to follow up with a roundhouse kick to Rant's face.