Let's Try Again

"Periwinkle!"

"You're awake!"

Shinsou groaned and sat up. What happened? The memories flooded back to him. "Oh. I lost" He squeezed the blankets disappointed.

"Oh, you are awake." Recovery girl walked in and gave Shinsou a quick once over. "Good. You are needed for the ceremony."

"What ceremony?" He asked as he turned to Spinel and Mei confused.

"Did that blast screw with your head? You got third place!" Mei chirped and held the door open for the pair.

Spinel held her hand out and pulled Shinsou up. "Let's go, you cat obsessed moron."

-----------

"ALL THE FIRST YEAR EVENTS FOR THIS YEAR'S UA SPORTS FESTIVAL HAS COME TO AN END!"

"Now for the awards ceremony!" Fireworks and colored smoke bombs popped into the air as cheers and yelling flooded the stadium.

"IN THIRD PLACE WE HAVE TOKOYAMI FUMIKAGE AND SHINSOU HITOSHI!"

"IN SECOND PLACE WE HAVE TODOROKI SHOUTO!"

"AND IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE BAKUGO KATSUKI!"

Confetti shot up into the air as three podiums rose from the ground, each step holding a student. It was a sight to see. "Oh, wow" Momo exclaimed as he looked at Bakugo on first place. He was chained to a pillar with his hands and body bound. A gag covering his mouth so he wouldn't release an ever-growing stream of curses.

"He is like a man-eating fiend" Tokoyami mentioned while Shinsou snickered.

In stark contrast to Bakugo, Todoroki was calm and stoic as ever. He looked down at his feet brooding about what had happened in the last few rounds.

---------

Shinsou stood on the third podium alongside Tokoyami. He did it. He made it in the top three. Sure, it was only third place, but he now had the opportunity to transfer to the hero course. For once he felt a buzz of excitement that was comparable to Mei's. He looked out at the press and sighed inwardly. Shinsou didn't look so great in photos but then again, he also disliked the spotlight in general, a trait he happily shared with his mentor. He scanned the crowd and spotted a head of pink right beside a head of pastel green and white. Shinsou smiled as they waved at him, definitely looking more excited about the results than he was.

"Now then! The medals will be presented by none other than the number one man himself. All Might!"

The crowd gasped and cheered as All Might appeared in person before them. "I have brought the medals here!" he called as he somersaulted down from the top of the stadium in full costume.

He picked up the two bronze medals and placed one on Tokoyami first. "Young Tokoyami, you are very strong. However, in order to fight well against different types of villains you must not rely on only your quirk. Train your body alongside it." All Might gave him a hug and a pat on the back.

All Might placed the other medal on Shinsou. "Young Shinsou, you remind me a lot of a friend of mine. You fought tooth and nail to get here, keep up the good work, however like your fellow stage member do not forget to train your body." Shinsou nodded at his words before All Might also gave him a hug. Shinsou stiffened not really knowing what to do. He was used to hugs that were energetic and clingy, but he wasn't used to the whole, hug and pat thing.

All Might soon moved to Todoroki, silver medal in hand. "Young Todoroki, Congratulations. I assume there was a reason you didn't use your fire in the final battle."