George

"Now then, it's been a long battle for you and it's time for the results." The proctor stood in front of a giant screen as all the students began to file in, each with varying levels of distress. "For the scoring system we judged you on your ability to act flawlessly in a crisis. So, everything from your skill to character was taken into account. Anyway. Here are the names of the people who passed the test in alphabetical order." The screen behind the proctor flickered to life, prompting every examinee to look for their names.

"Pleasepleasepleaseplease..." Spinel played with her tongue piercing as she desperately scanned for her name.

Rosenthal Spinel

Her eyes landed on her name. "I-I did it!" She cheered as her energy skyrocketed to the levels usually reserved for Mei on caffeine. She shrieked as her feet suddenly weren't on the ground, Shindou lifted her up and spun her around once before putting her down, something he always did to celebrate when they were younger. "Did you pass too?" She asked.

"Naturally."

A mixture of cheers and sobs erupted from the crowd. Some happy and some sad. She searched the board again for one more name.

Shinsou Hitoshi

Spinel scanned the crowd for a head of purple and easily found him. "You did it!" She gave Hitoshi a double high five. She felt it too awkward if she were to go right in with a hug, considering everything that happened.

---------

"Todoroki!" Inasa walked up to Shouto once he scanned the board and found neither of their names shown. There was a moment of silence before Inasa bowed with enough vigor that his head hit the ground. "I'm sorry. It was entirely my fault that you didn't pass the test. My pettiness is to blame. I'm sorry."

"No. It's not all your fault. I started it back then in the first place. So, there is no need for all this." Shouto tried to gesture for him to stand back up. It's just part of my journey as his son. Another obstacle to overcome for me to become a hero.

--------

The assembly ended shortly after the proctor had explained the score sheets. "Well, I'm glad I got to see you again." Shindou ruffled her hair. "I have your number now though, so I'll be in touch. If you are worried, I'm going to tell your parents you don't need to. I'm not going to tell them anything. But you know, at one point you should probably confront them."

"Thank you and yeah, I know." She sighed and fidgeted in place.

"Good. Now go on to your bus, bye Pebble. I'm glad you and your boyfriend made up."

"Wait what?! He isn't my boyfriend!" Spinel squealed as she blushed and retreated into the bus.

------

Shindou spotted wild tufts of purple. "Took you long enough."

"Yeah" Hitoshi stood opposite Shindou, his hands in his pockets.

"If she didn't like you as much as she did, I would have just taken her. You know that, right?" Shindou deadpanned. He didn't mind Shinsou. In fact, he found him rather amusing. But in this case, he needed to give the purple fella a little push so he would actually go talk to her. He didn't mind acting out instigator. It's a shame she didn't stay, Ketsubutsu would be much more fun with Spinel around.

- ----ONE BUS RIDE LATER-----

As soon as they arrived back in school class was briefly dismissed, and it just so happened to be a weekend. She began to walk home but only made it about halfway before she saw her brother wearing a hoodie, hood up.