The Fire

"I'm here! What happened?" Mei looked down to what her friends were looking at. "Oh, Shit."

Shinsou paled considerably and Spinel frowned ever so slightly at the scene before them. Todoroki blasted his opponent with the glacier of ice.

"THAT WAS CRAZYYYYYYY, TODOROKI HAS FROZEN HIS OPPONENT IN A HUGE CHUNK OF ICE! IN THE FASTEST MATCH YET! TODOROKI IS THE WINNER!!!"

Spinel handed Mei some food before they sat back down. "Well then, I knew Shouto was strong but damn."

"I'm dead." Shinsou swallowed audibly. He was facing Todoroki in his next match. "Nice knowing you both."

"He still isn't using his fire." Spinel groaned frustrated.

Mei was the one who heard Spinel's comment. "What do you mean fire?"

Spinel stiffened a little before sighing "His quirk is called 'Half hot, Half cold'. I'm sure you can guess what that means. But you see. Because of some things that happened, he vowed never to use his fire side."

Shinsou glared at Todoroki as he walked off the stage. "Of course. He has the perfect quirk and just half assed everything. Typical." He clicked his tongue before Mei shoved a piece of the chicken karaage into his mouth to stop him from talking.

"If you keep frowning, you're going to get wrinkles early." Mei popped another piece in her mouth as the three shared the food.

He rolled his eyes but complied anyway as he took out the leaflet for group B's matches.

Bracket B - Round 1

Kirishima Eijirou vs Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

Uraraka Ochaco vs Bakugo Katsuki

Ashido Mina vs Aoyama Yuga

Tokoyami Fumikage vs Yaoyorozu Momo

Shinsou fiddled with the paper in his hands as he watched the remaining matches. After four matches it would be his turn again. Truthfully, he was spiteful when it came to Todoroki. It wasn't just the fact that Spinel called him by his first name, or the way she tried really hard to be his friend, or even that he was recommended into the hero class. No, what he really hated was that Todoroki had so much power and an incredible quirk, but he refused to use all of it. That's what really ticked him off.

- ----A LITTLE WHILE LATER-----

"You ok? You don't look so hot" Mei fretted over Shinsou. Nerves were being shared through the trio as Shinsou prepared for his match against Todoroki.

"Yep. Great. Swell. Fantastic!" Shinsou forced out, pacing back and forth in the waiting room.

Spinel grabbed Shinsou's arms, so he stopped moving. "You'll do fine. You won't die." She nodded at him, keeping her voice even. She smiled in an attempt to calm Shinsou down. "Just do your best."

"ALLLLRIGHTTTTTTTTTTT, LET'S START ROUND TWO! WE HAVE THE MYSTERIOUS SHINSOU HITOSHI AGAINST THE ICE COOL TODOROKI SHOUTO! LET'S HEAR SOME NOISE" Present Mic yelled.

Spinel started to wonder how much it would take for Present Mic to lose his voice, or maybe that just isn't a thing. Spinel and Mei both gave Shinsou a thumbs up in reassurance.

Shinsou took his place in the ring, this time banshee already cranked up to max. His hands trembled as he went through all the possible options he had planned out. He wouldn't be ashamed to admit that this battle terrified him. He had seen what happened to that other kid and didn't want to follow in his footsteps. He took a breath then stared right into Todoroki's eyes. He wouldn't back down from this fight.