Periwinkle and Plums

"Um I'm not really sure how I felt about that win." Spinel said as she joined her two friends. "I mean the message was nice and I'm glad I won, but at the same time I just stood there."

Mei shrugged. "I say, take advantage of it. Your next opponent won't know your quirk."

Spinel took out a leaflet with the matchups on it. "Mei-Mei hate to be a buzzkill, but my opponent knows me very well."

Mei was confused.

"My next opponent is actually this guy" Spinel gestured to Shinsou who was also aware of the next match up.

"WILL THE NEXT COMPETITORS PLEASE COME ON UP!!!! ON ONE SIDE WE HAVE THE DARK HORSE OF GEN ED, SHINSOU HITOSHI! AND ON THE OTHER WE HAVE THE TORCH BEARER, ROSENTHAL SPINEL! AIZAWA-SENSEI ANY PREDICTIONS ON THE WINNER?"

"Logically speaking, Rosenthal would win if you were to compare their skills alone. However, Shinsou is considerably more cunning. If he plays his cards right, he could win. So, my thoughts are, either one has a decent shot at winning." Aizawa finished, then turned to Present Mic with the most 'done' face he had. It was like asking 'which kid do you like the most' and his husband knew that.

------

Spinel and Hitoshi faced each other in the center. They had both trained with and fought against each other many times before, so they were well acquainted with how their opponent moved and thought.

"I'm not letting you win." Spinel grinned as she took her hands out of her pockets.

Shinsou smirked, pulled up banshee then got into a fighting stance. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Start!"

Spinel made the first move. She wouldn't let Shinsou have the opportunity to speak. She dashed and once she was in reach instead of a punch, she slid and swept Shinsou's feet out from under him.

Shinsou just managed to avoid the surprise swipe but landed unbalanced right after.

A fraction of a second later Spinel brought her right elbow up to neck height and tried to jab her elbow at him. Shinsou grit his teeth and caught the elbow with one of his hands.

He pushed back the elbow and used his free hand to send an uppercut into Spinel's gut.

She gasped for air as she retreated back a little, excitement graced her features.

"Oh? Are you having fun?" Shinsou asked, pushing for an answer.

Spinel nodded; her heart was beating wildly in her chest as she could hear the faint pulse in her ears. The pair closed the distance, Shinsou pulled back his arm and went for another punch, this time Spinel twirled to the left and grabbed his wrist pulling it down before she pivoted, and round kicked Shinsou in the face. She released his wrist and transformed into her slime form. She swiveled around and attempted to chomp down on Shinsou.

He hissed in pain as the kick connected to his jaw. As soon as she released his wrist he jumped back as far as he could. He knew what would come next. As predicted, she snapped at him with her quirk. His hand got caught and he felt a few little puncture marks from her teeth. "Tsss, careful with the fangs, Kitty Cat."

Spinel released his hand, shocked by what she heard. H-he, what!?

Taking his chance, he pulled back his hand, Oh? He smirked under his mask and turned down banshee to a whisper.

Once Spinel composed herself again, she launched herself at him, jaws open to try and swallow him whole. Each attempt missed as Shinsou navigated around each attack.