Chapter 52: The Majority are the Minority

I am the incompetent warrior.

I have no face, no defining features.

I'm used and abused,
Misused and overused,
And never receive the recognition.

Authors treat me like renewable fuel
-I'm only there to fill up numbers.
Background decoration with bland taste.
Do I have any depth, I wonder?

I've had many, many adventures
But everyone else has been recorded
My story can't work if I'm alone
All I give is sheer boredom

But today is not that day!
Today is not that day!

Gather the minor characters,
It's time to get to work
It's time to dig through dirt
And uproot the earth.

The majority is the minority
A minor character has it's perks!

*

"What?" Lucy asked, dumbfounded.

Immediately after seeing the notification, she grabbed her crutches and began to make her way to the exit.

Earlier, she was in the clinic that Hikari had taken her to, but after the fight broke out and zombies began to rampage, she was relocated to the [Safe Zone] of Aries Island.

A [Safe Zone], as name implies, was a specific area where no combat was allowed to take place. It didn't matter how many wounds were inflicted because no damage occur and all that would remain is a pointless grudge.

To create a [Safe Zone] in one's domain is a long and arduous process; filling in multiple requirements and paying a lot of quintz for it to be recognised by System.

But once it is accepted and recognised, it can be very useful for when the domain is under attack.

It was the safest place that Lucy Vael could be at right now, but she wanted to be in the middle of the battlefield, protecting the island.

Ugh, she inwardly groaned at her slow mobility. If only I-

"Nope," Lucy shook her head, "no negativity. Move!"

The [Safe Zone] was a large building situated near the back Cortez's Castle. It could hold up to three thousand people, which mostly consisted of the non-combatants on the island; immigrants who abandoned their home countries, descendants of war and people who live day-to-day lives.

In some way or another, they were related to the thousands of pirates on the island and as such, also part of the large group of Zaba Pirates.

They were just as worried about the island being in danger of destruction when the notification appeared.

Which is why, when Lucy Vael appeared right in front of the door to exit-

"What are you doing?" She asked.

-it was blockaded by a large number of said people.

"..." None of them said a word, but it was clear from their body language that they had no intention of letting her go.

"We can't let you go, Miss Vael." One of the members - (an old wolfman female, silver fur and dreadlocks) - walked towards Lucy and placed a hand on Lucy's shoulder.

"But can't you see the notification," she lowered her voice to emphasize her resolve. "I'd rather die than let everyone get hurt."

"We know that," the old wolfman female responded.